Author Topic: Well chalk another newbie up on the -metaphorical- board  (Read 2274 times)

Offline ZukaZalad

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Characters
Well chalk another newbie up on the -metaphorical- board
« on: April 08, 2015, 03:48:17 am »
Hello everyone, name's Zuka, or rather my pseudonym is (not fond of my real name it's weird) and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

I figure this is not only an introduction but a slight resume of experiences and such, so sorry if I get a little long winded ._. Whelp here goes nothing.... Achem. It started on a day much like.... Wait no wrong script. Ah here it is! Now then for real this time:

How should I start? I suppose with how long I've been at the roleplaying schtick, that seems most fitting eh? I've been RPing for about 8 or nine years. This of course not counting my entire childhood which we called roleplaying "playing pretend" but whatever. Admittedly back when I first started I sucked hard, now I suck slightly less. I can normally semi-para to para given the right circumstances, but as we all know some things are just impossible to reply to. I try to flesh my characters out with a backstory, quirks, strengths, and weaknesses before playing them but sometimes the best way to flesh a character is by playing them and seeing what stuff comes of a session or two.

As far as roleplaying itself goes my experience started with freeform, but has moved to include cooperative writing, and running some pen and paper tabletop RPGs as well as playing actual RPGs (like FH, bethesda games, and others). I actually DM a game of Dungeons and Dragons on fridays (IRL with some friends), and I'm trying to get an Iron Claw group together but it isn't working (hopefully on Skype).

I suppose personal stuff now? Sure. Let's see, I'm an american, half japanese, one fourth italian and one fourth welsh/irish. I don't know any of those languages either. I like anime, I'm 20 about 5'10"ish and somewhere around 135lbs? I'm bisexual, and while the outdoors are nice, I usually prefer to stay inside rather than go hiking, though with the right company I'll do just about anything as long as it isn't too athletic, I don't really have any upper body strength, and only have leg strength because my job has me walking about two miles a day, not including the days I have to walk to work. I'm a janitor in case you were curious. Once I turn twenty one I plan on taking up bartending as it is my dream to one day open my very own bar (maybe in North Cyprus if it's in my cards).

Rp experience? Check. Personal crap? Check..... I think I'm done. I have some social media and totally up for giving it out. My main is my tumblr blog (zukazalad.tumblr.com), probably all I'll share for now.... Oh! I love to read and write, currently working on an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fanfic, and my favorite book series is the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. Favorite anime is Sword Art Online (and the light novel equivalents). I've posted all my RP characters to a weebly so I'm game for giving that out as well, but since I've rambled on long enough, I'll cut it here. See you all inworld!

Until the adventure ends!
Zuka Zalad

wolfdog01

Re: Well chalk another newbie up on the -metaphorical- board
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 03:54:48 am »
Claps* lovely intro!
Nice to learn more about ya! ^^ Just make sure ya catch up on all of the updates and what not.
Super excited to see you around!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »
Mate, you are going to fit right in.

Also... YOU DO DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS TOO?!
OH MY LORDE I LOVE YOU.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline xXHoodiXx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »
Heyo.
Under new management.

Offline ZukaZalad

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Characters
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 04:06:39 pm »
Generally when one posts on a forum they should pay attention to the thread. I seem to have forgotten to do as such haha. Ah well, I'm replying now that's something yes? Now then, thanks for the welcome, and @WarKat what edition of DnD do you play, you have me curious since you implied you also play? It's nice to see a fellow person who plays Dungeons and Dragons, most people tell me they have no clue what it is haha.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 06:04:01 pm »
I've actually been unable to play(Hard to do it by yourself eheh)
And I believe it's the original version, both my mum and dad played so I have what they used.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline ZukaZalad

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Characters
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 07:17:02 pm »
Ah I see. Lots of comic shops host DnD groups so if you have a local shop you should ask in about it, though they will probably play the newest installment which would be fifth edition or DnD5e, probably a bit different than the rulebooks you have. Dice are all the same though, and similar concepts. You should totally try to find a group though it's so much fun to play. Egroups are a thing, they usually use skype and roll20 to play so if you have a good connection that's a good alternative to playing IRL. I know my group has had people skype in before for one reason or another.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:52:54 pm »
Eeee, thanks for the tip!

I'll definitely start looking around, and possibly try to get the newest editions of it.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline ZukaZalad

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Characters
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 08:46:21 pm »
Of course! Just because I'm new doesn't mean I can't make myself useful eh? Let me know if you need any help on such matters. I know you can find the 5e books on Amazon, that's where I got mine. You should only need the Player's Handbook which last I checked ran around $60US so it's still a bit expensive.