Author Topic: FH Mac Issues  (Read 1392 times)

allielllow

FH Mac Issues
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:31 pm »
I have had many issues with FH for Mac on my old laptop, and I was hoping when I got a new one it'd run fine. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Every once in a while an error message such as the one shown below will pop up and I'm forced to close the game. When this happens, if I try to reopen FH, the game won't open. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but the same things keep happening. Please help.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile

AlphaEclipse

Re: FH Mac Issues
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:42:36 pm »
Try going to the main FH folder into >> media and then particles.
If you see any, delete any ending in _0, _1, and so on.

When you reinstall, are you reinstalling the setup or are you using the original one?

allielllow

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:50:54 pm »
If by reinstalling the setup you mean deleting everything FH-related and starting from scratch, then yes. Also, I went into the particles folder and there are none ending with those.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:57:42 pm by allielllow »

allielllow

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:58:53 pm »
You know that there is a Mac download for the game without using Wine.

I downloaded that and tried to play it but it still won't open, like the other one.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »
Aye, Ms. Ye'll need to remove everythin' FeralHeart related includin' the folder itself. However, feel free to save any mass markings/maps/presets/etc. in a different folder when ye' uninstall so ye' won't loose yer creations/downloads. Also, see if the quote below, provided by Ms. Ravenflight, will help ye':

Raz edit: Pickup a ready to go mac port of FeralHeart here

Firstly. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO NATIVE APP of FeralHearts. In simpler terms, there is no Mac client as of yet. It is still in development/being thought about. So dont go looking for the mac version. It doesn't exist.

1. Download FeralHeart (straight forward)
2. Download Crossover: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/download_trial/
There is a trial version available. I have the full version. Its a cheap, but very impressive application. If you don't want to pay for it, you can always try and be sneaky and download it from somewhere. Thats up to your own discretion. You could also try WINE. here is a very handy tutorial http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ on how to install and use wine. However, you have to be rather skilled in using and understanding the terminal. Crossover makes things a hell of a lot easier.
3. Once you have your FeralHeart file downloaded, open up crossover games.

From the menu you will click Configure > Install Software

In the first part you will click "other application"
In the second part locate your installer. In this case FHsetup.exe
Create a new winxp bottle. Name it whatever you want. I called mine Feralheart.
Then press proceed.

Crossover will start to make things happen. Soon enough the FeralHeart installer will pop up. Just flick through that. Press Next. yes. Whatever. Just agree to it all :)

4. Now that it is completed. In your menu, Press Programs (FeralHeart, or, whatever you called your bottle) and open up the program. it should run as normal. And
THERE WE GO!

Enjoy.

KNOWN GLITCHES
Both Razmirz and I have issues with the background music. its rather glitchy and funny. I dont know how to fix that. Just mute the background music and slap on some itunes. C:

I hope this has helped. Let me know if you come across any issues. Ill try and work on a WINE tutorial soon.

Hopefully this will shed some light onto yer situation for this is an odd misfortune indeed.
gone

allielllow

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:04 pm »
Thanks everyone for your help. I finally got it to open and no error messages or anything have popped up yet, so fingers crossed. :)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:50:45 pm »
I'm relieved to hear it's cooperatin' for ye' thus far. If the situation continues or is to happen again, feel free to inform us.
gone

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:54:22 pm »
Glad it's working for ya'. ;S;
I don't know to much about MACs. x3