Author Topic: how do i get people to join my rps  (Read 1186 times)

Offline jazminj323

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • you touched me! how dare you touch me!
    • View Profile
how do i get people to join my rps
« on: August 08, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »
hi  i need help getting people to join my forum rps i try and try but no ever ends up joining how can i get people to join
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:03:22 pm by jazmin,.,, »

inner beauty come from within

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: how do i get people to join my rps
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »
Well best way to do it is by going to popular busy meeting areas and advertising your rp there via local chat & or using the video clip option. As you gain more members you can form a recruiting team that runs out and helps you advertise in different maps or areas too. Some of the best places to advertise in the default maps are like the stone bridge in Fluorite Plains, the cape portal in Fluorite, the N/Z area in Fluorite, Bonfire Island since the map is small, the waterfall in Ficho, straight at the front of the South Pole etc. There are plenty areas to find people to join your rp should they find interest in it. Make sure to have an interesting rp too, as you advertise it give some detail about the plot and make sure your descriptive etc. You can also advertise you rp here on the forum by creating a thread in the various rp sections. Some people even make sites and put the site links in their group bios or character bios.

I hope that helps :)

Offline jazminj323

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:03:04 pm »
thank you lordsuragaha but i actually meant forum rps i just forgot to specifie that up above

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 01:14:44 pm »
Well if you meant forum rps it's more simple. Simply make the rp thread very interesting and nice to look at since that's the first thing that attracts people aside from the title. Give it a unique title not just some typical title like "Wolf rp" or "Lion pride etc". Example of a uniquely named rp is "The Ebon Circle". When you hear that name it almost immediately intrigues you and makes you wonder what it's about. Most rps with typical titles or plots will be over looked. Many people are looking for something unique and different so when you develop the plot of your rp try to make it stand out from typical rps of its kind. Also when you write up the thread for your rp make it look neat not just like a giant paragraph with no pictures or anything else that will grab someones eye or imagination. A common thing that really good rps do is to put images of special features of the rp examples, the territory and various areas in the territory, the characters, etc. When you give people eye candy they almost always buy in to it. Once the thread is posted people will come... there's really not much to it.

Offline jazminj323

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 01:19:04 pm »
thank you!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »