Author Topic: BBcode Testing Topic  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: BBcode Testing Topic
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »
I think this thread should be in Off Topic board, or maybe even Forum Discussion.
But, I also think this thread was a wonderful idea for others to test out their BB coding skills, I know most myself but I am sure others will find this very useful! Thanks for this!<3

-Nuzzle-
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »
I do think this is a very thoughtful idea for a thread topic. I can agree with many of the others here that something like this could be of use.

If a topic such as this were to exist, it needs to be fit to the correct board. And as Bawfle pointed out, it isn't as much of a help thread anymore as the problem you had with spoilers has been figured out. I would love to keep this around the forums as this is a really neat idea. However, I need to ask you what you would like for this thread yourself. As in, where would you like to see it go? There are a couple of ways to go about this:

1. Leave it up as a Site + Forum Help thread for your further BBcode questions for people to respond to and work out with you.

2. Move it to Forum Discussion or Off Topic Discussion so it can function as a BBcode testing thread but add some sort of subject (topic of discussion) to it so it can function more appropriately under one of the discussion boards.

Here are the guidelines for making an Off Topic Discussion which also would apply to making a Forum Discussion topic or any other sort of topic like this ^^:

Note: The preview post option already does provide a lot of what you're asking. There are a few things that are difficult to see correctly when previewing a post, where your topic might come in handy as you stated, but for the most part there are a lot of BBcode formats that can be viewed with just the Preview button alone ^^

If you have any questions regarding my response, please feel free to PM me and I will get back to you as best as I can!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:32:17 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »
How to make code that displays code in the scrolling box?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 09:22:40 pm »
How to make code that displays code in the scrolling box?

Do you mean this?
Or actually display code? I'm not sure if you can do that. I think it's just automatically converted from text to code.

And for everyone who has asked, it's fine to move this anywhere staff feels needed.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 09:33:27 pm »
And for everyone who has asked, it's fine to move this anywhere staff feels needed.

Yes, but in order for me to move it to a correct location, I need to know what you want out of this thread. (Look at my post above c:)

At the moment there really isn't a location to put this unless you either want to continue having it be a BBCode help thread or a testing thread with a discussion topic.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 09:40:31 pm »

Yes, but in order for me to move it to a correct location, I need to know what you want out of this thread. (Look at my post above c:)

At the moment there really isn't a location to put this unless you either want to continue having it be a BBCode help thread or a testing thread with a discussion topic.

Test thread may work? Again, this is a section to ask for help, so this may seem out of place. This topic is simply a place to put BBcode and test it, but I'm fine answering any questions asked on here.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 06:58:20 am »
So what was the code box that people post code they use for modding the game?  All i get is a huge page the scroll through but other people get a box in the post that you can scroll through to examine the code or you can skip past it if you don't want to read it.
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 08:31:49 am »
So what was the code box that people post code they use for modding the game?  All i get is a huge page the scroll through but other people get a box in the post that you can scroll through to examine the code or you can skip past it if you don't want to read it.

Are you talking about a code in the forums or in the game itself?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 08:56:51 am »
Forums

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 09:20:12 am »
You may be talking about a spoiler

Which does this and hides it so you can scroll past it.

Or using the quote function to show code instead.

Which would do this.