Author Topic: Is It Okay To "Revive" Old Forum Game Threads?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Is It Okay To "Revive" Old Forum Game Threads?
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:46:28 am »
I just wanted to ask a simple question... If we can't make a new version or copy of a forums game but we aren't supposed to revive old games, what do we do if we want to play the game? Personally, I think it's okay to reply to old forum games because they can't be solved like a problem or outdated, it's just an off topic forums game. It doesn't even add the the post counts.

I just was wondering if we should make a new version of the game, play on the old game or forget about it?

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Is It Okay To "Revive" Old Forum Game Threads?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 04:18:51 am »
For forum games, posting on old threads is totally ok ^^

In general, the "don't bump old threads" rule usually only applies to threads that aren't relevant anymore. For example, a group advertisement thread from 2011; it is very unlikely the group is still around, so there's no point in it being bumped up since anyone interested in the group will likely never get a response (there is a small chance that the person that ran the group is still around, but if their group disbanded years ago they wouldn't go accepting or declining the poster into the group)
However, perhaps it's an old game discussion thread about random/funny occurrences in the game. This would still be considered relevant because many crazy things happen in-game c:

I hope this is clear, but if you're ever uncertain about a thread feel free to pm a staffer about it c:
Farewell everyone<3

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:38:21 am »
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure it's okay.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 12:29:07 pm »
I will lock this up for you since it appears to have been thoroughly answered.

In regards to your last question, it's usually a better idea to post on an old game rather than create a new one; the reason we don't want new threads being created after a thread with the same topic already exists is to keep things organized and so that people aren't running around trying to figure out which thread they posted on, which thread should they post on, etc. If you're unsure if the game was already created, you can use the "Search" function on the site to see if someone else has already made a similar topic. You're always welcome to nudge a staff member for help, too. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.