Author Topic: Arrogance  (Read 987 times)

SoulRevenge

Arrogance
« on: September 23, 2013, 02:40:13 am »
Please take note that, before reading-

If you are going to post below, do not say something such as 'they're just idiots', or 'they're just bullies'. I know what they are, and I grow tired of such 'reassurance', as it is merely what I am already aware of (though on the other hand, I see it in a much more complex manner). So please, if not to disagree, agree, share your own stories that are related to what is typed below, then avoid posting in this thread.

So, a few days ago, or perhaps a week, I was sitting around in Bonfire. As a very good friend of mine, for one reason or yet another, enjoys sitting around in what I see to be the lag-induced, chat-blown, strange mixture of several things map we all know as Bonfire Island. Or maybe you've nicknamed it something weird. Like 'Lagfire' because it lags all the time.
 Nevertheless, I of course, got into conversation with two people.
Now at first they seemed like pretty respectable users, you know, they pipped in at the mentioning of one of my for-most interests, in other words Hetalia. We conversed about it for awhile, until I eventually stopped talking and tried to focus more on what my friends were roleplaying (which I did not participate in because there were too many giant robots). And then, readers, do you know what they began to say?
 Well they ranted about mate centers.
More accurately it wasn't a rant, but rather constant complaining. Now these complaints were over-all, pretty idiotic. I don't know why I termed that as "constant complaining", because they barely qualify as complains. It's more like. . . moanings about how 'bad' or 'stupid' a certain thing is, only it's so unreasonable it doesn't even qualify as complaining. Do you get what I'm saying? But anyway, here are examples on what was said regarding mate centers. Now I did not take screenshots, or maybe I did, but I am too lazy to go look for them. Either way I have a pretty good memory. These are not exactly word to word, but they aren't over-exaggerated, either. Even though they might sound like that. These people just sound like they are over-exaggerating a lot, I guess. Like, really over-exaggerating. You'll see. Or maybe you already see.

"Mate centers just use caps lock to get a mod's attention"
"There should be a petition against their very existence"
"Oh, mate centers! How terrible. FeralHeart is a wreck with them!"
"Bonfire has been ruined by these neon-coloured morons!"

And you know what, readers? The list just went on. Yup. They talked like this, with imaginary exasperated sighs placed in the middle of every cruel-to-read word, as if they were being sarcastic but most likely were not. This annoying way of speech, and this went on. And on. And on. They even went through with ignoring how I pointed stuff out, which was in a far-less grammatically correct manner. Nevertheless, of course, I still had a point!
And you know what else, readers?
There was even a moment where other people started cap-spamming. Keep in mind that these two fool's biggest argument was cap-spamming. They said nothing of these two cap-spammers, and simply criticized the Mate Center's very existence. At one point they even planned to spam the user (the Mate Center user, that is) through whisper, which I personally believe, is ridiculously immature. Some say 'fight fire with fire', but being immature in return is just silly, don't you think? Especially when you're so high and mighty in comparison!
  And so this blabbering resumed, until alas, another user stepped in and suggested they leave. Now for one reason or anything, they listened to this grammatically-correct user over me, and halted in their activities. But that isn't the point, is it?
We must remember how they complained, or blabbering pointlessly of their distaste, towards what has grown to be a common thing within our game's community. While I have recently directly insulted them, whomever these mysterious users, perhaps still prowling the grounds of this game might be; it still stands to the point;

How arrogant can you be?

To not accept what has been accepted by other users, to ignore those attempting to reason with you, simply because of the manner in which they type. To continue complaining about such things in such a sarcastic-sounding, over-exaggerated yet entirely true manner, even after another has popped in with more grammatical accuracy. Who are you, to even ignore another user? To express such distaste towards something that brings people amusement, joy, happiness, perhaps the reason to live, although that last reason is very exaggerated?
  Now what I am saying, or perhaps asking, readers, if what you think of these people. The people that have no respect towards what others might be thinking upon be insulted, called an abomination, or anything else among those lines. Have you dealt with these people before? How did these people act? Are you one of these people? While you may not talk in such terrible tones, Why do you speak in this way?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:45:17 am by Telepathic-Cecil »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Arrogance
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:01:04 am »
I. Am. Deeply. Offended. By.Those. Arrogant. People.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972