Author Topic: wanna talk about this update? (:  (Read 8037 times)

BirdieBeep

Re: wanna talk about this update? (:
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 03:05:43 am »
I honestly really love the update! It isn't a lot, but as has already been stated many many times, the fact that we have the source code now is absolutely amazing, and means upcoming updates will have even more awesome features. Adjusting my characters for the new slider was a little bit of a hassle, but I don't mind. There's always going to be people who say "this update ruined fh for me im unstanning >:C" but that's just the nature of the internet.

This has me extremely excited for the future of this game now that it can move forward in a totally different direction than it was before.

I couldn't agree with you more, I think
if the staff had more time to test it and see
how it went, I think we would've had a more polished
execution, but I'm just grateful that the source code,
the actual bigfoot of this game, was found

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 03:14:15 am »
I honestly really love the update! It isn't a lot, but as has already been stated many many times, the fact that we have the source code now is absolutely amazing, and means upcoming updates will have even more awesome features. Adjusting my characters for the new slider was a little bit of a hassle, but I don't mind. There's always going to be people who say "this update ruined fh for me im unstanning >:C" but that's just the nature of the internet.

This has me extremely excited for the future of this game now that it can move forward in a totally different direction than it was before.

I couldn't agree with you more, I think
if the staff had more time to test it and see
how it went, I think we would've had a more polished
execution, but I'm just grateful that the source code,
the actual bigfoot of this game, was found

Staff have been testing for a while and of course much more extensively days before this was released. Unfortunately things decided to break at the worst possible time... when it went public. FH hasn't had a source update since 2011 so we had no idea what to expect despite our efforts. Bugs will continue to be looked into
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 04:14:12 am »
I'm very glad to see something new for the game, honestly. Of course there will be bugs after so longg, but i'm sure they'll all be fixed in time.
I'm excited to see what is in store for the game though, can't wait to see more additions.
Maybe this means we could get in new models or touch up the old ones? Would be real cool to see something like that!

We definitely have more we can do for the game, so I'm sure they will be keeping an eye on suggestions.
I really think the game needed this!! I'm sure it got a lot of old members attention.
artwork by dehvina

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 04:22:02 am »
I keep hearing that this update brought some people back, I simply don't think that this update is that huge. Yeah, the game finally got an update, but is the game going to not be updated for a long time like it has been a bunch of times, or will there be constant updates every few months? If so, how is the community going to learn how to transition their markings and items easily with no hassle? And will our characters markings, colors, and items be all scrambled up again in the next update? (my main character had completely different colors from what he normally was for some odd reason.)

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline bali

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • *inhale* i r r e l e v a n t
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 07:11:14 am »
I have a concern with this new update thing.. I tried to log in and saw that I had to download the update, but I didn't know where the link was. I have been looking around the forum for hours and haven't found it! Please help, and I'm new here. :>

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 08:54:56 am »
I have a concern with this new update thing.. I tried to log in and saw that I had to download the update, but I didn't know where the link was. I have been looking around the forum for hours and haven't found it! Please help, and I'm new here. :>

To download the update, go to the Home Page and click the Downloads button.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 05:37:38 pm »

To download the update, go to the Home Page and click the Downloads button.
As Vortex explained. Here’s a direct link there:
https://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=40

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 05:59:35 pm »
Since you can make custom emotes, change colors on your tufts individually, change tail size, something tells me Kovu might have given the source code? Just a theory.
Most likely not KovuLKD. If it was, it would probably have been said.
Just for the record, that was posted before Sura's thread came into place :p
doing what i feel like

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 07:45:09 pm »
I keep hearing that this update brought some people back, I simply don't think that this update is that huge. Yeah, the game finally got an update, but is the game going to not be updated for a long time like it has been a bunch of times, or will there be constant updates every few months? If so, how is the community going to learn how to transition their markings and items easily with no hassle? And will our characters markings, colors, and items be all scrambled up again in the next update? (my main character had completely different colors from what he normally was for some odd reason.)

Perhaps that's something that can be figured out as the updates go. Figure out how to create a download for existing modifications (if they would be compatible) as well as a full regular download for people just getting into the game.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:46:40 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2019, 09:06:47 pm »
if we're going to be discussing the update, one thing i don't really understand is why it'd cause people to, y'know, quit or be driven away from the game. yes, there's a ton of bugs! but that's *going* to happen eventually no matter how much it was tested. they're already being addressed and fixed, if i'm not mistaken. i'd think that finding the actual source code would be a reason for people to stay and tag along, and for me, it's why i'm active right now. most of the bugs aren't even that significant and i don't see how they'd distract from the actual gameplay. most of the ones that are an actual bother can simply be fixed manually, too. feralheart looks like it has pretty much remained the same for years now, and i think sacrificing a few minor things are worth it for the sake of something new.