Author Topic: Game Crash with Legendary Packs (Mac)  (Read 1170 times)

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Game Crash with Legendary Packs (Mac)
« on: April 12, 2016, 04:21:13 am »
I've been having an issue with Feral Heart when it comes to adding the Legendary Item and Markings pack to the game. I follow the instructions perfectly, yet after playing the game for an hour or so, my game crashes and I can't use it again. This happens to me each time I attempt to add some outside material into the game. I use the Mac version and I use a MacBook Pro. Is there any work around with this issue so that I can use the Legendary packs?
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Game Crash with Legendary Packs (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 07:25:58 am »
The only thing coming to my mind about this is maybe there's a few Items or Markings that are "corrupted" or just not registering. I use to have this issue with a certain Item " Checkered Scarf" would cause my FH to crash. Have you tried re downloading the packs yet??

~Recce~

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »
Did you download anything else with it? Misclicked ads, other packs, etc.?
It may also be an external problem not related to the items. Does your computer have good CPU? You can find out how much by opening your Applications folder and double-clicking on the "Utilities" subfolder to open it. Double-click on the icon for "Activity Monitor" to launch it. Click on the "CPU" tab at the bottom of the Activity Monitor window to display processor-use stats and a live stacked-column activity graph.

If you're using too much CPU in other programs open, that might crash or lag the game, and if the game itself is using too much CPU try lowering render distance, disabling water reflections, turning off sound, or deleting some items if you have to.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 10:38:10 pm »
Ok.After a bit of Experimenting, heres the issues that I found.
In BonFire Island, one of the main glitches I found is that I cannot be on the Top of the cliff for a long period of time or load in on top of the mountain. If I do, it triggers an immediate crash. I made sure I did all the steps you guys recommended, so Im not sure what to do next.

C.E

Preach

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 10:44:02 pm »
Hello! You have probably come here to figure out to run (and continuously run) Feral Heart on a MAC!
I will be very active on updating this with all the FAQ's and solutions that I have for you, so be sure to check for updates and edits.

F.A.Q.'S

-  "I installed the game yesterday and ran it through wine, which worked without any kinks. I installed several mods (but not an excessive amount), and ran the game for about an hour with no lag or any indications of trouble. However, after that first hour, the game crashed and I restarted. It crashed again about 15 minutes later, and again, and again. Eventually it wouldn't even run, so I reinstalled it and kept the mods down to just one Mass Marking pack. It crashed even then, and again wouldn't reopen.
I've reinstalled the game once more and left out all mods, but haven't played much to know if that solved the issue or not. I'm playing the game on an iMac, so the thought that it can't handle the mods because the computer "can't handle it" doesn't really seem to fit. Do you know any route I could take to fix this issue? I really don't want to give up playing, and have my mods as well if they're not the problem."

I would recommend NOT downloading ANY mods/item packs/Markings packs on your MAC if you wish to have Feral Heart run VERY smoothly without any lag or crashes. However, most of you do have these things, so I would recommend keeping it to a MINIMUM of two to three of any of these (total). If you download many packs etc, your game will crash and it will cause problems to your computer.

[color=sky blue]Hi Shay, thanks so much!! i have trouble loading the game. when the world Fluorite is loading u the first time it says bad token. i've tried reloading the game and reinstalling but nothing has worked for me...

Flourite tends to be full, and even people with out MACs may have trouble getting into it because it tends to be pretty full. But if you are having trouble getting into a world such as cape, or even lonely cave, it means you are most likely missing something in your download. I you have not downloaded WINE, do so. This should help.

"My problem is simple, FeralHeart won't load. Like at all.
I'm on a mac, and I know about the whole restart redownload .etc..
I have tried EVERYTHING and it still won't work. I have redownloaded it about 6 times. I have restarted my computer, oh god knows how many times. I have tried absolutely every tip, trick, and guide out there. I got maps to make, things I gotta return to. Feralheart just won't load.
I click it on it, the icon comes up, then it closes itself. Hoping I'm not the only one with this problem!"

Your computer is blocking it
Go to your system preferences, security and privacy, general, at the bottom there should be options that say: "allow apps downloaded from:
- Mac App store
- Mac App store and identified
- Anywhere"
Make sure "anywhere" is pressed so your mac knows that you can use FH

VERY IMPORTANT:

VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL MAC USERS!
DO NOT place your Feral Heart folder or icon on your desktop or doc. Not sure why your mac will not allow you to play if it is visible, but you can't. Instead, create a folder on your desktop and place all feral heart related things in there as well as the main folder with the icon (actual game). Also, if you are constantly re-downloading the game, make sure that you are deleting the ones you have previously downloaded.
- PM for more questions and I will post them here-

Tips from other fellow members:

Daffy:
"if you want to play having mods, item packs, markings packs etc on your game then here's a little tip that I have found that works: keep the game in a small window, so the lag isn't as big. It hardly lags at all when I do that :)"

*all questions go to their respectful owners*

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:22:36 pm »
So the only thing I can do to improve it is to download wine bottler seperatly?

C.E

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 11:46:42 pm »
Its happening frequently now. Is it as bad on a PC or Windows?

C.E

Preach

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:56 pm »
I would recommend NOT downloading ANY mods/item packs/Markings packs on your MAC if you wish to have Feral Heart run VERY smoothly without any lag or crashes. However, most of you do have these things, so I would recommend keeping it to a MINIMUM of two to three of any of these (total). If you download many packs etc, your game will crash and it will cause problems to your computer.
[color=sky blue]Hi Shay, thanks so much!! i have trouble loading the game. when the world Fluorite is loading u the first time it says bad token. i've tried reloading the game and reinstalling but nothing has worked for me...

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 12:11:55 am »
So.I cant use any mods what so ever...that sucks...they need to fix that stuff for Mac Users.I get sick of seeing marshmellows all the time

C.E