Author Topic: Looking to commission someone for a map!  (Read 501 times)

Offline Nephrite

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • nephriite
    • View Profile
Looking to commission someone for a map!
« on: June 14, 2016, 05:08:15 pm »
Hey there!
I've had a roleplay I've been wanting to make for a long time, but my own map making skills are insufficient for what I really need. Actually, my own skills are pretty bad. So I'd like to commission someone to make a map for me! I have some big ideas for this roleplay and I'd love to have an experienced, creative map maker to help me out on this.

Anywho, the roleplay I'd like to start is around a group of experienced wild felines (species name to be determined) who have connections with gods, spirits, and magic. They not only have specific roles within the group, but jobs and specialties as well. The island on which they live is very vivid and eccentric, having been touched by gods and magic. They have been able to create many beautiful objects out of wood, metal, and glass and live a very fine life, that is, until you see the dark side of magic. Many dangerous creatures affected by the high, fluctuating levels of magic exist beyond the common grounds, and the magic here is dangerous enough to cause damage to the felines.

I have a lot of ideas for it, but that isn't the point of this post. The map will be an island, with a separate map for the holy grounds (two in total). There will be a lot of jungle/forest land, but some trees will need meshes unique to the maps. There will be waterfalls and other objects needed to make the maps feel really magical.

I'm willing to pay with dA points, USD, art, or a combination of these things. My dA is http://nephriite.deviantart.com/. You can post/link to examples of maps and/or meshes you've made in the past and a preferred price.

Thank you all so much! I'll contact someone when I'm interested in their work and we can begin to discuss concepts for the map!