Author Topic: Failed to connect to map server. Retry?  (Read 700 times)

Offline radioactivedark

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • i like bread
    • fur-creations
    • outrotearz
    • @im_smol_gae
    • View Profile
    • untitled_lion_game.exe - My IT server
Failed to connect to map server. Retry?
« on: September 09, 2018, 05:29:47 pm »
Well...It's happening again. :/
I keep trying to escape the Dragonsreach dungeon, but I'm dummy thicc, and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the guards.

Flurr

Re: Failed to connect to map server. Retry?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 05:35:07 pm »
Hmm, this is a post I found on another topic related! I hope it helps.

Just in case, this is the page that you are logging into and keeping open, correct? http://feral-heart.com/login/index.php   
It sounded like it but I wasn't completely sure if that's what you were referring to ^^

- Make sure you give the login tab page a minute or two before you open the game client and login to the game client
- You could try opening the login tab with a different browser or from a mobile device

Lastly, if nothing works
Do you by chance know if you have any proxies within your browser?
A proxy or proxy server is basically another computer which serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed. By connecting through one of these servers, your computer sends your requests to the proxy server which then processes your request and returns what you were wanting. In this way it serves as an intermediary between your home machine and the rest of the computers on the internet. Proxies are used for a number of reasons such as to filter web content, to go around restrictions such as parental blocks, to screen downloads and uploads and to provide anonymity when surfing the internet. - WhatIsMyIP.com

Proxies will make it so the IP address of your browser (where you're connecting to the login tab page from) and the IP address that you're connecting to the game client with are different from one another, thus, causing connectivity issues. If you are unsure if you are running a proxy, try this:

- Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and make note of what IP address is listed there in the upper left corner. Do not post that IP address here as that is for your eyes only.
- Then, download this http://www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip, run it, and see what IP address it gives you when it is complete.

If these two do not match then you are likely running a proxy in your browser.

Information courtesy of Raz here

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to connect to map server. Retry?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 06:02:43 pm »
This has been happening to me, i reset a character home, went home, fixed.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"