Author Topic: Preset Slots Disappearing  (Read 644 times)

Offline StarletteNight

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset Slots Disappearing
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:28:43 am »
Hello, everyone.

A friend made a preset for me and sent me a folder titled "preset_7" with all of the proper files inside. Unfortunately, I already have a preset in that space, so they told me that as long as I renamed all of my files to "preset_#" I wanted, I would be fine.  So I changed them all to "preset_2" and then whatever else they were and copied and pasted them into the folder accordingly. I logged onto FeralHeart, and well.. I have no "preset_2" slot at all in the game in the Preset Maker. It goes Preset 1, Preset 3, Preset 4, etc. There's no "2" at all.

So then the person recommended I redownloaded it and changed them all to "preset_8." I did so. Now I have no "Preset 2" or "Preset 8" in the Preset Creator in game.

I really don't want to have to reinstall my entire game to try and fix this, though I know it is likely a probable solution...

I tried getting the FeralHeart preset files that I deleted and putting them back in, while getting rid of the other files, and it did nothing.

Anyone else ever seen anything like this? Any ideas as to what's wrong? Thanks!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Slots Disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:45:43 am »
Hello! This issue is probably because you might not have changed the preset number in the preset material file. As well as the one in preset_2 material file might be missing.

Open the preset_8.mat file with notepad and change all the preset_#'s to suit the preset number it is supposed to be with. As for your Preset_2, you could always find a preset to use and put it into that folder. It should fix it. Just make sure to do what I said above with the material file.^

If you have any difficulties with this, let me know and I'll be happy to help you. Let me know how this works out!