Author Topic: HELP! (FH+ and "Failed to Connect to Map Server")  (Read 2166 times)

Offline SpazzBerry

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
HELP! (FH+ and "Failed to Connect to Map Server")
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:19 am »
Please help... it's a very long story but i need help with downloading the Feral Heart Plus.....
 First off, I already have the regular Feral Heart. Then i decided to load Feral Heart Plus. I've downloaded it and it was a success. I continued on to install it. I saved the file naming it "FHPLUS". I managed open FH+. However, when i logged in, the character selection screen is black in the background. The first time i opened it, it was fine. The background was like the normal feral heart screen except the rocks were darker. Anyways, I managed to get on a map with one of my characters, BUT everything around my character was black. The entire map was black, and all i could see is my character and the chat box, in which people were writing on it. So i know i was connected, but the map wasn't loaded....
I read that i should uninstall it and reinstall. well i uninstalled it.... now that i re-downloaded it. But now the file won't open so i can install it! The icon looks like a an open box with a purple paw print. But it has the windows icon in front of the paw print. Last time, the icon did not look like that when i downloaded it. Maybe i did not uninstall the last one correctly?

Also, after i uninstalled Feral Heart + and before re-downloading it, i decided to just get the patch. I did so, but did nothing so i deleted it. Ever since then, I am unable to get onto the regular Feral Heart. I says "Failed to connect to map server".  I have only managed ONCE to reach it. but that was like 1/34 attempts (not exagerating by much....)

Would this have anything to do with the patch and/or Feral Heart +?

If so, please explain how to fix it.

As for Feral Heart +, how can i open it? Every time i click on the icon, it asks if i should allow it or cancel. When i click "allow" it appears that it's going to work, but nothing happens. All i want to do is install the game.... how can i get it to work ???
Do I need uninstall it again? Would someone explain how to uninstall it and completely erase it from my computer??

Could anyone please give me advice?? I very much need a detailed explanation as to what is wrong and what i should do to fix this... As i am very upset and have literally worked on this for hours...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:37:56 am by Katelyn »

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help Me! (FH+)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 01:17:05 am »
I personally have no experience with FH+ but here's a link to a thread that may help you solve the issue.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13593.0

I could suggest not bothering with Feral Heart+ at all, as from what I've heard, it's really buggy and is not worth the energy you put into making it work properly.

Hope things work out for you though.
Good luck.
RETIRED.

Offline SpazzBerry

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:29:56 am »
Thank you.
But even if I choose not to install FH+, there's still that problem with my original Feral Heart... It says "Failed to Connect to Map Server" like 90% of the time. I've tried playing with all my characters. There's only one that has worked but i hardly use that character... I believe that one works only because it is the first character that shows up on the selection screen.
And I know my internet connection isn't the problem so... I have no clue what else is causing this, but i assume that the patch may have not been completely erased and is the probable cause...

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:37:59 am »
Thank you.
But even if I choose not to install FH+, there's still that problem with my original Feral Heart... It says "Failed to Connect to Map Server" like 90% of the time. I've tried playing with all my characters. There's only one that has worked but i hardly use that character... I believe that one works only because it is the first character that shows up on the selection screen.
And I know my internet connection isn't the problem so... I have no clue what else is causing this, but i assume that the patch may have not been completely erased and is the probable cause...
Are your characters all in Fluorite Plains? Because this could mean the map is full and you'll have to attempt connecting a lot of times. A tip is never to press "Try again" but to press ESC and attempt logging in over and over.
RETIRED.

Offline SpazzBerry

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! (FH+ and "Failed to Connect to Map Server")
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:40:56 am »
No not all of them are in Flourite Plains...
I know that if you press "try again", nothing happens.
I click "Cancel" and I am redirected to the log in screen.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:03:40 am »
No not all of them are in Flourite Plains...
I know that if you press "try again", nothing happens.
I click "Cancel" and I am redirected to the log in screen.
What you could do is to log in on the forum, the top right window that is, and reset your character. This will mean you'll end up in Lonely Cave and you could see if it's your computer giving you trouble, the game or the map.
RETIRED.

Offline SpazzBerry

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 02:10:44 am »
YES! That seems to have fixed the problem with that! I can play again!
Thanks so much! :)
So do you know how to completely erase the FH+ from my a computer? lol

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 02:16:22 am »
YES! That seems to have fixed the problem with that! I can play again!
Thanks so much! :)
So do you know how to completely erase the FH+ from my a computer? lol
Glad I could be to any form of help here. ;3
I am really not sure, I can only suggest re-installing the game. If you have things you want to save, move the folders to different maps. For example: Textures, items, exports, presets, models.

As I haven't had this mod myself, I cannot be sure how it all works. If it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll ask someone about it.

Good luck.
RETIRED.