Author Topic: Chat filter  (Read 4104 times)

Offline IetMarriokNienda

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Chat filter
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »
I play this game and a couple months ago they got a chat filter. FH should have one too. It would probably solve the problem with the bad stuff. So if the chat filter was on then the bad words and such will be censored so they will have stars like this ****. If it was off then people would be able to see the bad words and such. So people have a choice if  they want to see it or not. I think everyone would like this idea.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
Re: Chat filter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:57:01 pm »
As long as we have an option to turn off the filter.
Honestly, I hate chat filters. So I wanna be able to turn it off. xD

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »
No way, we should be able to say what we want. Granted no cursing and such, that's what we have mods for. If people were 13 like there meant to be in the first place, then we wouldn't have a problem with the chat box. You can always block said person and then turn off the chat there talking in.

If you want a chat filter, then stay with WQ. Since it's meant to be played for people 12 and under.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:16:01 pm by Nala_91 »
FH Texture Artist

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:22:30 pm »
^ A little rougher than I would have worded it but I agree with Nala. Game wasnt meant for immature kids that gasp at every little word. Cussing doesnt bother me unless its done in succession. Even then I can still block them and be done with it. But seriously, people, this is a game with thousands of people. You can move somewhere else and talk if swearing bothers you so much... Or just simply block them. No big deal. I like your form of filter though. Its kinda better than what other people are suggesting.

We've had a million threads on this too. One of which you suggested this idea. Im not saying you cant make another thread. xD Im just saying, these kinda threads are becoming tedious. Its always the same idea of how we need a filter of some kind because little kids play the game and such. <.>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:24:21 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline IetMarriokNienda

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:27:40 pm »
oh I didnt know and its not WQ im talking about....

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »
Tis alright. I really hope either of use didnt put you down. But anyway, you should look around the suggestion area for past suggestions that look similar to yours. Its just really tedious when you have 5 people asking for the same thing in 5 different threads.

And what Nala and I are saying is that we do not want FH to become WQ. If you've ever played WQ you'll notice they use an extremely strong filter. Its hard to carry on an every day conversation because the filter is so darn strong. Its really annoying, which is why I've left WQ for good. If FH ever got a filter like that I'd be leaving FH with no problem as well. I dont wanna play with a bunch of sheltered children.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:41:02 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »
I don't know about this. It would be good, yes. But like Gem said, I'd want the option to turn it off. xD

Offline IetMarriokNienda

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 08:44:40 pm »
Yeah thats what I put in what i posted lol

Offline Ayashe

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »
No way, we should be able to say what we want. Granted no cursing and such, that's what we have mods for. If people were 13 like there meant to be in the first place, then we wouldn't have a problem with the chat box. You can always block said person and then turn off the chat there talking in.

If you want a chat filter, then stay with WQ. Since it's meant to be played for people 12 and under.

^ This. x_x

Offline IetMarriokNienda

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 08:47:49 pm »
I agree with that. I just said this so then everyone would hopefully be happy >.<