Author Topic: IC/OOC Tags?  (Read 3197 times)

Offline Balba

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
IC/OOC Tags?
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:41:15 am »
This is just a nothing idea, but it might help for those who mainly go onto FH to rp. People like me. For pack rps and stuff, I don't see it really having that much of a use. But if you're roaming around and you meet someone....

Here's the idea: When you WANT to rp, and you're currently in "rp mode" maybe you could switch on something that puts some kind of dot or "IC" for In Character near you're name or under it, or above it. Maybe make it a different color so people won't mistake it for being PART of your name. It'd kinda help you pick out who's an actual rper, or just, who's rping at the time. I run into folks who I think would be fun to play with and it turns out they're just on to chat. Which is FINE!

And when you don't want to rp, maybe you're taking a break or you just DON'T rp, whatever, you can switch the tag or dot off.

I just think it'd help rpers find each other amid the chaos. Of course not everybody knows what "IC" means, but, if they want to know they can find out darn it >O. XD.

I'm sure there's other ways to tell who's rping and who's not, I know this. I generally will walk instead of run to try and attract an rper to me. But this'd make it all more straightforward. And it might help with the 'people taking IC things personally", cause, maybe they don't know you're rping. (Sometimes I can't tell myself if someone is IC and being a butthole, or Trollin' me.) And if someone approaches you with their IC tag on, well, just ASSUME they're in character and either ignore if you ain't rpin, or go with it.

Like I said, this isn't really important and I won't burst into flames if it's shot down. I just got the impression that FH was rp-based since there's no other actual 'game content' in it. S'more of a  social thing where you get to be something other than a human for awhile and interact with others who're doing the same. Thought this might help with that. Sounded good in my head anyway.

What do YOU think?

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
Re: IC/OOC Tags?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »
A thing we used to do in IT, is that when you want to be in OOC mode ((Talk like this)). The rest you talk normally, nice idea though.
FH Texture Artist

Offline Balba

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:51:00 pm »
Yeah but, no one ever does that. Only maybe, two people I've seen have ever done that. Maybe I just haven't found the actual rpers yet. Keep running into random children who just want to fart around. XD

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:21 am »
I always do it, it try depending on the RPer.
FH Texture Artist

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:03:43 am »
  You just haven't met any RPer's yet XD
  Sometimes the best way to find an RP is to join a group. Don't join them ingame, join the ones here on the forum. They continue ingame, but that way you know you are getting a proper RP not some children 'farting around' XD Also, a lot of people just do the general thing, and say they want an RP over general, and those who want to RP should meet them at such and such.
  Best way to get an RP is to advertise. Most RPers Don't just go up to pepole and RP, they use general to advertise the fact that they are searching for an RP.
  And most RPers have private maps to RP in with their groups or friends or those they are in an RP with.
  But perhaps one day we can RP, I don't go on too often because I never meet anyone I know online, but perhaps if we get to RPing I'll come on more XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

ColonelHamilton

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:36 am »
How about this:
A chat channel dedicated solely to RP.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »
Good idea here, but I always found the (()) tags useful. :3 I see a lot of those around, honestly. =o

@Alexander Hamilton: That would be nice, but I think I'd rather stay with the channels already there. There's groups for RP. In my opinion. ^^

Offline Balba

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:29:58 pm »
hmm, alright. Thanks guys. I've been having trouble finding some proper rp. But I didn't THINK about starting at the forums first. XD