Poll

How do you feel about sparkle characters?

I despise them!
I don't like them, but I won't comment on it.
They aren't bugging me. (meh)
I don't know how to feel about them...
I am perfectly okay with them!
I am really fond of those characters.

Author Topic: Sparkle Characters: Do you like them?  (Read 5883 times)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkle Characters: Do you like them?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 05:27:13 am »
Been about 5 years since my last time actually playing, just got done now. Honestly, the "sparklecharacter" (I remember back when it was called something else...) debate itself just makes FH feel so unique. Such a nostalgia trip, right out of the game, into this! I have always been fine with them.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline Albinoz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I have such a horrible memory, please forgive me.
    • BabyNightFury
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 08:05:22 pm »
That depends. Do you mean characters that just have bright/unrealistic characters, or actual sparkle dogs?

If the former, I have no issue with them! I think they're creative actually

BUT, if you mean the obnoxious neon coloured sparkle dogs? Yeah, I can't stand those. They hurt my eyes DX
Hmmm... I was leaning towards actual sparkle dogs, but this can also include "bright/unrealistic characters."
I do not have the best of grammar. If I make a mistake, please tell me! I'm trying my best to get better.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 06:20:51 am »
Not bothered, some can look amazing!  Others look tacky or lol.  One was made as a troll (who didn't break the rules or anything) & he was really quite funny.  Wish he'd come back, he was pretty amusing.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Paroxysm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • she really glew up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 06:45:41 pm »
I don't necessarily see anything wrong with them. As a matter of fact, I think they can be quite gorgeous at times.

Offline ForeverLoyal

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Starbucks lover o3o
    • ForeverLoyal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 03:49:56 am »
To me sparkle characters are just fine c: they're pretty if 'done' right and this community is filled with a lot of talented artists. I wouldn't be surprised to fall in love with it. xD

Now neon colors are an issue with me (semi) o3o
"Cornered. One place to hide and that is within myself. Yet, I still fight to be free, when all other odds say I already am."

Picture above made by TUWKA on DA c8

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 06:10:16 pm »
I have no problem with sparkle wolves, I used to have a sparkle wolf character but eh, be creative and do what you want, they are your own characters! c:

Signature by HellVix

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 01:22:37 am »
Same as most above. Honestly I'm quite fond of them and it makes me go in awe when I see them because I have trouble making bright, "sparkly" characters. I usually end up with darker tones.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline Chknsoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Beyonce's chosen one
    • smol
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 01:57:40 am »
ive made few sparkle puppers in my past when i was younger and had no idea what realistic colors where-
but every once and awhile its fun to get creative and make on, or just see them running around on feral heart
slaying since the 90's

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »
If they are honestly being sparkle characters because of just how pretty they are and the fondness for them, that is wonderful. The ones that are trolls....not a big fan to be honest.
Yeah I know what you mean, the ones that troll tend to make characters that hurt my eyes. Bright yellow, blue polka dots, bright pink mane, not really a fan of them, but if they make a character that has multiple colors because they like those colors, or just plain unnatural colors, then I'm perfectly fine with that. I used to have a a blue wolf that had bright green markings on it, and that was back in the beginning when I didn't role play or anything like that and just liked hanging with my friends. (Still prefer to just hang with my friends) but I made sure to tone it down so it wasn't too bright, and I used these colors because I liked it. It all really depends on why the person created the character and if they're courteous of everyone else.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 06:02:56 pm »
Admittedly, I'm not so fond of them. I mean, I'm ok with people who have them, but I personally don't like the concept.
I suppose that it's just the neon colors clashing, and to people with sensitive eyes or astigmatism (I have both), it can be painful to look at them.
I do like dark red/blue/purple bases, with the right markings or non-clashing color scheme, but other than that ehh.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya