Author Topic: No .exe file for 1.17?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Barking99Dog

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
No .exe file for 1.17?
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:50:34 pm »
Hello!

So I just now tried to install the new FH update, having been a long-time fan of the game. Unfortunately though, once I've finished installing the game, there's no .exe file. I can't find it anywhere, it's like it never installed or downloaded.
I don't really know if anyone else have had this problem? A shortcut appeared once out of the 4 times I've reinstalled the game at this point but it says that the file couldn't be found, so the shortcut doesn't work.

I've tried running the installation program as an administrator, that doesn't work either. And everytime I've tried downloading it (I don't think it did this the first time I tried), it says "An error occurred while trying to rename the file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed; Code 5." It tells me to either ignore this (which is not recommended), cancel the installation, or try again. I've tried skipping it, no .exe file still. And I've tried cancelling the installation and then re-installing it, but that doesn't work either. I did click the "try again" button but it kept telling me the same thing after every file, however though the installation bar seemed to progress forward but I'd have to click "try again" for every file. The first time I downloaded the installation program for 1.17 it said that it was a virus then I had to remove the game. (And I actually think the game was working that first time, when I was trying to start it my antivirus program stopped it and said it was a virus and then FH was removed.)

Does anyone have the same problem or is it just me?
I don't really know how to solve this problem, and I've searched around the web but I've found nothing about this so far, so some feedback on this would be lovely!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: No .exe file for 1.17?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:02:58 pm »
A friend of mine had a similar issue, and it is due to the Antivirus detecting it as a virus even though it is not.
Have you tried to disable your antivirus while you are downloading the game, as well as installing it? This may solve your issue. In addition, if a shortcut
does not appear you can navigate to the main FeralHeart folder and find the .exe file there. If this does not work, I am not sure of what is wrong,

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 11:35:38 pm »
Just simply adding on here,
If you're still having issues with the possible start up / installation, you can try making a completely separate FH folder and putting everything in there.
Hopefully it works out for you !

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline BashfulWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • |~|We're More Ghosts Than People.|~|
    • horacethehushed
    • link_skye
    • hekken_dingos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 04:52:32 am »
I'm having a similar issue, but I can't even download the game without my PC stopping it and saying that the file I was trying to download may cause harm to my PC. It has never done this before, only with this new update.
I do not have any active antiviruses installed, only just the PC's antivirus it basically comes with.

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:00:35 am »
I'm having a similar issue, but I can't even download the game without my PC stopping it and saying that the file I was trying to download may cause harm to my PC. It has never done this before, only with this new update.
I do not have any active antiviruses installed, only just the PC's antivirus it basically comes with.

Hiya! This quote below should hopefully solve the issue you're facing.
Hey there! I also get the anti-virus thing that pops up, there should be an option that says "more info" and clicking it should give you the option to "Run anyway"

I assure you the game doesn't have any viruses!

Offline BashfulWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • |~|We're More Ghosts Than People.|~|
    • horacethehushed
    • link_skye
    • hekken_dingos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:04:49 am »
Thank you.
I just hope it will work like normal <3

Offline michigan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:42:40 am »
Ive been having a similar issue as well. Im just wondering if this new update is glitchy considering it freaks out when i try and add in a new height map to terrains.

One thing thats helped me is making sure all FH folders  and files are deleted (and i mean everything) and reinstalling. Whats working is getting a completely new installer from the website as well, and reinstalling. Beforehand I kept getting the moving error 5, and the .exe freaking out after i accidentally changed the my default rendering application in the OGRE.cfg file... If its still giving you issues, try the antivirus method as before mentioned here, or running as admin.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:45:48 am by michigan »