0 (0%)
Hetero
2 (33.3%)
Other
2 (33.3%)
Undecided
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: I've a Question...  (Read 945 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
I've a Question...
« on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:48 am »
Dear Admins/Mods/etc. - if you find this topic too mature/serious/etc., then feel free to lock it. I felt like I needed to bring it up as I don't see many people talking about this.

I've been thinking about the different types of characters and people there are in the world. Now, with different people and character, comes different sexualities.
I see a lot of homosexual and bisexual characters in the world of FeralHeart, but never any others. I've a demiromantic asexual wolf, Pyp, but people just don't really understand about other sexualities (besides homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual) unless they were raised on it or taught it.
I know that the FeralHeart community is very welcoming to others, no matter what language they normally speak, race, etc. Why I bring up sexuality is because I feel that there should be more wolves/cats/aliens/people/whatever with sexualities other than homo or hetero sexualities. Now, I know that a lot of the players are younger and don't really understand what other sexualities - or sexuality, even - are/is, which is why they don't understand it, but what about the older players?
I think that if your character has [blank]sexuality and/or [blank]romance, then it makes it have a more unique, creative spill, you know? (I refer to a "spill", since having a new character is like a clean, new canvas. Art, basically.)
Now, don't get upset with me, I'm not saying that I hate other sexualities, or that every character is gay or bisexual (in fact, a lot of characters I meet don't have a preference as far as I know, and it changes as we role-play). I'm just curious to why every pack, Clan, etc. I join has direct sexualities (most are hetero, too, interesting, huh?) or romances, which slightly confuses me and makes me feel like the black sheep of the group.

Well, if you don't really get what I'm trying to say, let me show you an example. Let's say that I'm making myself a FeralHeart in-game character bio. Now, I'm a demiromantic asexual person, meaning I can only form crushes with people that I know and trust, but do not like any gender nor sex in a sexual way. Now, if we were making a bio for my mother, she would be a heterosexual heteroromantic person.
See what I mean, though?
Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality are pretty common nowadays, which is why the other sexualities are considered "fake" by those who aren't educated - or atleast don't know about - the other sexualities.

Well, that's all for me, atleast.
-Wolfie

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: I've a Question...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:14:48 pm »
most of my characters are genderless or are just plain odd when it comes to love(like myself) I am nothing and have nothing in my opinion, even if I have a crush on anything wether species, gender or fictional character. I can still say that all my character equal to me, but that's another subject.
(hope this made sense -- not very good at voicing my opinion.) -Wolfie
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!