Author Topic: Are you anything like your characters?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Are you anything like your characters?
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:24:47 pm »
Like the title says, this topic is about weather or not you are like your favorite/main character(s).
I have spotted that many people around put mixed traits into the characters of what they are, what they want to be & what they don't want to be. But there is also a handful of people that simply put themselves into a character model when it comes to who you play as.  

What about you?

-Is your name similar to his/her name?
-Are your personalities anywhere close to each other?
-What about your likes/dislikes?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:21:03 am by Fixl »

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline kululupuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bye, lovelies.
    • View Profile
    • Lament's Tumblr
Re: Are you like your characters?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 05:43:03 pm »
I can instantly say that I love playing my everyday roleplay character, Lament. She's fun, vivacious, flirty, and down right wrong, not to mention her horrible sense of dark humor and totally upside down morals.
When I first created her, my intentions were to make another ambitious antagonist. However, as I spilled a bit of my own thoughts and tweaks into her during the roleplay, she became a weird sort of antagonist, who in their own view was nothing more than a common character. She had feelings and need and wants as much as the next character, but her priorities were put in the wrong place due to her upbringing. Though, the folks who shortly began to surround her mostly evolved and shaped her personality into what it is today! In her community and pack, Lament is respected as a leader and a friend, which brings out the little good in her.
You could say that at first glance, Lament is nothing like me. I'm not interested in cannibalism or torture, nor would we even look alike if she became a human or I became a wolf. Though, deep down, our thought processes are the same. I am the one playing her at the end of the day after all.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »
Haha.... Oh dear me I hope I'm not like them

Names? No, my character's names are nothing like mine.

Though, personality wise... Yeah, I do throw myself into the mix quite a lot.

I have a striped hyena, named Neeya, and I sort of channeled my more innocent, cheerful and playful side.

Kori, a humanoid, is my more... Well, not-so-friendly equivalent.

WarKat.... She is basically me.
Down to a T.

I either use a little bit of myself in my characters, or a lot, or just all of it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:51:16 pm by WarKat »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 06:27:26 pm »
Is your name similar to his/her name?

Not at all, in fact.

Are your personalities anywhere close to each other?

Again, no, less ye make I angry. Then I act like Vespian completely. Two sides of the same coin, Vespian and I are. Really, he's the embodiment of my anomosity. When I am not unnerved, it's like lookin' at night and day but when swallowed by negative emotion, I guess ye could say we act the same.

What about your likes/dislikes?

We enjoy the same material, aye. We both like dwellin' into the dark ages 'n the like.

Course, there are other similiarities I 'n the Madman have. We're both blind as a bat, we both suffer the same mental disorders from time to time, we both endured events we wish to erase, etc. It's so-so with Vespian and while he is the most IC-wise loathed of my characters, he's the one who I can relate to the best.

An interestin' topic, Ms.
gone

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 06:36:49 pm »
I'd say Twisty and I are pretty similar.

Her name isn't even close to mine, but it is inspired a bit by myself. For example, my friends consider me to have a twisted mind. As for the doctor part, however, is based off of my dream for the future (biologist).

Personality wise, about the same. We're both kinda shy at first and take until we really know someone to come out of our shell. We're also both pretty stubborn, defensive and moody at times, so I also put some of my less favorable traits in her as well. The only real difference in our personality is that I don't throw capsules of sulfuric acid at people when we get mad.

We are also pretty similar in terms of likes and dislikes. We love being around friends (even if we just want to be alone sometimes), eating, running (when we feel like it), climbing, and just sitting on a windowsill, silently watching you and being a lazy butt. We hate being looked down on, small spaces and needles.

There's a lot more, but I need to stop here before I rant on every little detail.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Rizzla

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »
-Licks thread- I approve of this subject x3
I have a ton of characters.. And I honestly don't think I'd be able to pick a favorite. So, I think I'll just be completely random with this and use my former 'fursona', Saischa:

Nope, not at all.

Are your personalities anywhere close to eachother?
Well... Yes and no. Saischa and I have the same moody, slightly short-tempered trait, but Saischa's probably a bit more social.
She's intrigued by the thought of killing prey for no reason, as morbidly as possible and whether she's actually hungry or not... I'm really not one for torture..  
She is also the kind of person who conceals her feelings no matter what, she will refuse to talk to anyone until she is on the verge of an emotional break down. She does this because she's afraid of looking like a 'big baby' and often seems like an emotional-less robot. There is reasoning behind this, but this isn't her bio so I won't go into detail. Anyways, we have that in common.

Saischa has a strong dislike for being treated poorly, and has a very strong sense of justice. All her other true dislikes are actually more fears than anything else... Now that I think about.. I don't think I ever DID give her any proper dislikes. I guess I should get on that, then! xDD

Just to wrap things up.. Yeah, I suppose we do have a couple things in common. My characters often have tiny bits of my personality, but it's all in different forms. For instance, Saischa has a lot of my fears/worries (Which I didn't really explain, but still), Scrague has all my dislikes, and Summit has my sass.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 11:40:45 pm »

- Not at all.

- 50/50. However Isaac serves as a more darker side of myself. He
isn't fully like me. Though we share some traits.

- Pfft. Yes. Both Isaac and I are Oculophiles (Attracted towards Eyes) and we both
hate the rain.

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 12:04:51 am »

(ugh my mind is just /shot)

-Is your name similar to his/her name? Nope. xD
-Are your personalities anywhere close to each other? YES. omg. We're both morons.
-What about your likes/dislikes? Very much the same, except spiting on the ground, that's just gross.. e.e

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 03:29:56 am »
DOLIKE.

Thyme is no where near my real name. Her personallity is meant to be like mine or what I would want to be and do in certain situations and such. She was actually supposed to be like Maxwell when I first made her XD and her colors are awesome, I even painted my room and furniture those colors o3o

Maxwell is what I am when I am alone and just not in the mood to talk. He is my go-to guy for sexy yet depressed and blank. I love him to death tho.

Offline Revulsion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Call me Eel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 04:50:00 am »
Yis.<3
I have a few characters, as well. I recently created Endymion, so there isn't much to her I can really talk about. The others? Well, let us see.

Not at all. I don't think I could own a character with a similar name to that of my own. It may bother me at some points.

Each of my characters may be associated with a particular trait o' mine. Or if such even is a trait. -Shrug.- Though how they act or perceive the world can differ tremendously.
Ekel is somewhat tainted by madness, or insanity. It's just at times when I would be described as insane by several of my peers that allow me to give him such a trait, but with a twist. He may be driven to commit vile acts or completely lose himself, something I wouldn't come close to doing. Another thing would be his tendency to be anti-social. He isolates himself from the group, much like I would do in most situations. I'm not one who fancies conversations or social gatherings, but I am now actually fighting against such and making attempts in speaking.
Hexalyn is mischievous. I usually enjoy playing jokes or doing what little secretive things none of my friends would suspect... But t'is all in fun. Hex is a power-thirsty fiend, willing to deceive or risk her life just to watch the world burn.
Hn. Now that I think about it, why do most my characters have to be so evil? -Silently questions decisions in life.- There is something I am not telling myself about. I must know.

Not at all, actually.
To be quite honest, I don't think I even worked out what each likes or dislikes. A+ character creator.

In-game User: Revulsion