Author Topic: First impression  (Read 2117 times)

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
First impression
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:30:00 pm »
I recently found out that one of my friends wants to sign up for quite a while now. She asked me what the game and people are like in all of  the various maps. After talking about all these great things and people it got me thinking about what others would say too. So the question is,

What would you say to a new member?

If you were to introduce a friend into the game without letting them play it yet, what would you say?
What would you tell them about maps?
What would you say is worth doing, and what isn't?
What would you say about the  types of fandoms?
Would you give them a few tips on character making?

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: First impression
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:04:11 pm »
When it comes to speaking with new members, I always try and be as helpful as I possibly can.

I usually tell them about the forums, about the different people they will meet in-game, about some maps that a new member might not know about or would be hard to get to, etc.

Sometimes I even show them around, and answer any questions they may have.

Really, it's all about giving them a friend. I know I've seen new members often getting ignored by others, so being that first friend and being kind to them could be the difference between them staying or leaving the game.

Lovely topic as always, Fixl!
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:17:24 pm »
since my first didn't post...
I would be positive about the game, it is their own choice whether or not they like it'n can stick around. The social aspect is simply this; hang around with decent people, ones that make you laugh and enjoy your company. Whether your very serious or a herpderp, anyone can find friends here as long as you have the determination and courage to do so.
>/////< positives!
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:14 pm »
Personally I'm not certain there will ever come a time when I'd introduce this game to a real life friend, or at the very least in a manner to get them to join, but, any friend or contact in general I'd probably try to be more straight up about what it is. That it's pretty much an open social/chat game where you can run around with your characters, get to know people and role play. But just like any other place it shows it's the "internet" in a nut shell with all different kinds of personalities or types of people in general.

I think quite a few people loose interest faster than others since they come in the game with very high expectations of what you can do, and not everyone is into the whole role play scene or just sitting still with your character watching chats or joining in on conversations, the sparkle just fades quicker that way and they might move back or over to something else. If I were to introduce this game to someone, and want them to stick around for what it is, I would just explain the basics. But of course, I'd gladly give them some help on characters if they'd need/want it and show them around the maps.

Feralheart is a place where you can run around with characters, get to know people, chit chat and roleplay or just kill endless amounts of hours if you need/want to. Maybe you'll like it too?

Former community manager of FeralHeart

DreamerDay

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »
If you were to introduce a friend into the game without letting them play it yet, what would you say?
When introducing someone new to the game, I would show them every map out of Feral Heart and tell them a few information about it.

That some maps may lag, some don't. Some can be annoying and nosy, but some can't. If she/he was interested in roleplaying, then I'll tell her to either go Bonfire or Plains.

Worth doing...
Allowing the user get close to me and my friends
Roleplaying
Just having fun

Not worth doing...
Being disrespectful
and be unfair

What would you say about the  types of fandoms?
That's there plenty of warrior cats??

When making characters, you can just be creative. ^^
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:35:29 pm by DelightfulRevenge »

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:10:36 am »
I would tell them that it's a fun little animal role-playing game. You could be a canine or feline. Even though this game might not have too much that most games do the community is the most amazing community you would find. Everyone tends to be a bucket of fun, and everyone has a different colorful variety of personalities.

I would tell them that each map is a tad bit different in their own unique way. Yes some may seem like they need more added to it, but it still is fun to be in each map with all the different kinds of people.

For me...what's worth doing more of is socializing, and getting to know the members. Yes role-playing is a lot of fun if you find the right group, but what is better it to get to know each and every member. Also what is the best is to run about, and help anyone you find that might need help. Though anything that isn't worth while doing? I would say anything you want is worth doing. Just as long as it stays in the rule guidelines. ^^

What would you say about the  types of fandoms?
Very much interesting. I know I don't know many of them, but each one is unique to what the users like, and that way you can tell more about the person. So I would say I openly welcome each fandom. ^^

If I could and if they would allow me I would show them how to make a character, and then tell them to let their imaginations go wild. That's how I would guide them or help. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:19:10 am »

Well, it just so happens that a friend of mine has gotten a new laptop and I'm trying to get him to join, but I don't know if his laptop can handle FH and it's brand new, so I told him to hold it off until he gets an actual PC or something.

Anyways, if I were to introduce someone, I'd tell it like it is. This game is a large, 3D chatroom with lion and wolf avatars running around. There's a variety of maps, designs and things you can do here, but don't expect mind blowing graphics or amazing emotes. It's a good game, but only if you're into roleplaying and letting your imagination fill in the blanks that the game cannot create. It's still better than a forum roleplay, since you can actually somewhat see the other person's avatar sitting with you, so you feel a bit closer to them, but otherwise, not much difference.

There are some maps that you may explore. Some of them are heavily populated, others, not so much. There's a bit for every taste, like ascension island for anime roleplays, sky's rim for dragon/fantasy roleplay, south pole for roleplays situated in snowy climates, etc.

Everything is worth doing. From randomly derping and some minor trolling here and there to having the most serious roleplay ever. As long as you respect the rules and stop when asked to, you can have lots of fun in FH, whether just lying down with your friends or roleplaying with your pack.

What would you say about the  types of fandoms?

There's a fandom for every taste, whether you're into films or anime, there's a fandom for almost everything. And if there isn't, then go ahead and roleplay it anyway, you'll start a brand new fandom in FH and have a chance to  introduce us to your favorite universe.

Go wild. You want a neon character? Go for it. Want a dark sided one? Do it. Whatever fits the bill for you. Be aware that some people won't like your character, but in the end, who cares? It's your character and if it makes you happy, then anything's allowed (except vulgar names of course).