Author Topic: FeralHeart Feedback  (Read 21623 times)

Cilantro

Re: FeralHeart Feedback
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 03:26:50 pm »
Lag.
At the moment the solutions are: Stop using a toaster. Turn graphics quality down. Use smaller screen resolution. Get better PC.

Excuse me what? Most people literally cannot afford a new computer or are still under their parent's roof and rely on them for it. One of my friends tries to run feral heart and has to give their computer a break afterward because it over heats. Legit, they had to put ice packs on their computer.

Not all of us have fancy gaming pcs to role play fictional animals.

The block glitch, I am assuming you are referring to the rocks and such that was brought up by Dark_Heart, was small and difficult to work on since technically those meshes and objects were not ours to take and mess around with. As for the road map and this thread, that will be more elaborated on below.

I was referring to the bug that when you block someone, they can block then unblock you to see you. I was asking how the moderators just found out about this glitch when I have reported several people doing this to me. It seems like y'all really don't  care about reports when I say this. Not trying to be accusatory, but it feels like we need new moderators in this case.

_____

More questions: Why are MOTS temporary if they are trying to breech the rather large gap between player and staff? Why is there such a large gap between player and staff to begin with? How can we as players be more comfortable around the staff? ( This meaning what can we do to be more comfortable around you and not offend you :) ) Why is transparency an idea that you all are opposed to?

More Suggestions: Again, transparency. We are begging and pleading for it and it shouldn't be a thing.

More Concerns: See above.

Offline LordKreiger

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • meganzas.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »
Lag.
At the moment the solutions are: Stop using a toaster. Turn graphics quality down. Use smaller screen resolution. Get better PC.

Excuse me what? Most people literally cannot afford a new computer or are still under their parent's roof and rely on them for it. One of my friends tries to run feral heart and has to give their computer a break afterward because it over heats. Legit, they had to put ice packs on their computer.

Well, this can be a double edge sword. You want nice maps  that are detailed and just brimming with life to bring role-playing to life or other activities? You'll expect some lag then.

Or they can develop just a open map with barely anything in it and there is no creativity. Besides, there are some pretty empty maps where people would still lag in. It just comes down to if you computer can run it or not. I agree, not everyone can afford a higher end computer but that's not the FH staff's team fault. I can say if the lag is corrected in one way or another people are bound to still lag because of their 'toaster' computer.

You don't see RIOT limiting its free to play game's graphics down just so more people can play the game. It's just a unfortunate circumstances.

EDIT - I do think that the server can be a problem too when it comes to lag. There are a lot variables when it come to it that the staff may not have control over [computer specs, wifi issues etc] and I just hope the staff can be open and transparent about it as much as they can.

Suggestion:

-  Activity online of staff. It would be very nice to see staff online and interact with members from time to time. I'm not saying be online every waking second but a hour here and there can mean the world to some of the newer or younger players.

- Transparency. I don't mean show us everything you are working on. But little sneak peaks would be really nice. Teasers keep people on their toes and it gets buzz going.

- Forum update. I think if the game itself is getting updates the forum could get a little visual update too. ^^

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:15:12 pm by LordKreiger »
Check out the Pack of Eventide!
"You need a little mischief in your life to keep your soul alive." - BJ

Aureilius

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 04:42:26 pm »
Uh, people don't necessarily want transparency about future updates. This is about people wanting to know why FH is doing downhill, why staff aren't active, why there are not new staff, why Raz ignores everything here anymore, etc. That is honestly ridiculous if you guys are turning it into a competition against another server.

Also, I don't think something as simple as fixing staff tools and the kick system is that "game-changing" enough for another game to steal it... lmao. If another server is going to steal anything, it's the recommendations given by the community that this game tends to ignore.

The irony is that the 'competitor' the staff are so worried about already has a bunch of the community's suggestions in it already, predating this thread's creation

Aureilius

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 04:45:59 pm »
Lag.
"At the moment the solutions are: Stop using a toaster. Turn graphics quality down. Use smaller screen resolution. Get better PC."

LMAO okay so... My computer, which is built for gaming, and can run WQ3 *and* RDR2 on the best settings isn't good enough for a game that looks like it was made for a ps2? Im sorry but the issue isn't with people's computers. It's the game itself.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 05:11:59 pm »
Lag.
"At the moment the solutions are: Stop using a toaster. Turn graphics quality down. Use smaller screen resolution. Get better PC."

LMAO okay so... My computer, which is built for gaming, and can run WQ3 *and* RDR2 on the best settings isn't good enough for a game that looks like it was made for a ps2? Im sorry but the issue isn't with people's computers. It's the game itself.
Oh. I could literally run this game on my old computer that was about 10 years old. Weird :o

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline LordKreiger

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • meganzas.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 05:17:28 pm »
Lag.

Oh. I could literally run this game on my old computer that was about 10 years old. Weird :o

Variables. I run a gaming PC too, and I can run FH just fine but I do crash sometimes out of nowhere. The problem with lag can be individual player's specs AND the server/game itself its not going to be 100% one party's fault.
Check out the Pack of Eventide!
"You need a little mischief in your life to keep your soul alive." - BJ

Cilantro

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 05:24:06 pm »
Lag.

Well, this can be a double edge sword. You want nice maps  that are detailed and just brimming with life to bring role-playing to life or other activities? You'll expect some lag then.

Or they can develop just a open map with barely anything in it and there is no creativity. Besides, there are some pretty empty maps where people would still lag in. It just comes down to if you computer can run it or not. I agree, not everyone can afford a higher end computer but that's not the FH staff's team fault. I can say if the lag is corrected in one way or another people are bound to still lag because of their 'toaster' computer.

You don't see RIOT limiting its free to play game's graphics down just so more people can play the game. It's just a unfortunate circumstances.

The issue with this statement are the facts that Aureillius brought up. My computer is made for drawing, and I bet most of the community has the same type. If Aure has the same issue with FH, everyone is (and probably worse!). I see your point with the barren maps, but I'd suggest light, normal, heavy download options. That way everyone is able to play this dying game.

If anything what vortex was saying sounds a lot like what a certain bad game dev says. I'm talking about YandereDev. I know this has almost nothing to do with fh, but hear me out. YandereDev has issues with frame rate, code, and listening to his players. This game probably has the same spaghetti code, and it is confirmed that the staff like to silence us (See fh radio drama and the rule saying we can't disrespect the game on other sites) and the lag is awful.

I was waiting for someone else to state this information, but honestly I've grown tired of waiting. If you are going to revive the game we need to fix a lot.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 05:34:23 pm »
I do apologize but as I stated before please keep conversation out of this thread. This thread is to follow the format and was supposed to be a positive interaction with the community. I will be responding to the feedback posts shortly but I personally will not be commenting any more on the road map or staff. I will attempt to address the lag issue in my next post however. c:

SpicyDirt

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2020, 11:05:27 pm »
Questions: What's the maximum amount of polygons FeralHeart can handle in one object or player model before the lag gets too bad? Also, is there a way to make a Blender file that includes any new animations like TailScale?

Concerns: Connection problems some are having. Also, the Play Game tab.

Suggestions: A public map that's super warm, like a desert. Also perhaps a jungle as a public map. Also, a way to select what set of character animations a character uses, so characters can be set to stumble around clumsily or look proud or stomp angrily etc.

Other:

This answer was taken right from one of the dev team members: "The more polygons on a single model the more likely the game will be to freeze for a bit when loading it. Around 250K polygons total started making a decent laptop lag, beyond that it might just crash when trying to look at all those polygons at once." Also, the connection issues will hopefully be fixed with the next update ~ but I doubt that we will see the Play Game tab leave any time soon.

As for the warm maps, I absolutely love this idea. We will most certainly take this into consideration! The animations would be another amazing thing to see in the game - similar to how the Sims work out when you create a new character. Thank you for the feedback.

The block glitch, I am assuming you are referring to the rocks and such that was brought up by Dark_Heart, was small and difficult to work on since technically those meshes and objects were not ours to take and mess around with. As for the road map and this thread, that will be more elaborated on below.

I was referring to the bug that when you block someone, they can block then unblock you to see you. I was asking how the moderators just found out about this glitch when I have reported several people doing this to me. It seems like y'all really don't  care about reports when I say this. Not trying to be accusatory, but it feels like we need new moderators in this case.

_____

More questions: Why are MOTS temporary if they are trying to breech the rather large gap between player and staff? Why is there such a large gap between player and staff to begin with? How can we as players be more comfortable around the staff? ( This meaning what can we do to be more comfortable around you and not offend you :) ) Why is transparency an idea that you all are opposed to?

More Suggestions: Again, transparency. We are begging and pleading for it and it shouldn't be a thing.

More Concerns: See above.

Oh I do apologize for that miscommunication on my part, heh. I personally can't say much about this (I just found out about it with this feedback post not gonna lie), but I can assure you that this will be fixed in the future. I do apologize that this has happened to you though.

The main reason for temporary MOTS is so one person doesn't always get the "fame" and permissions - if you know what I mean by that. It allows the community to pick their own "champion" to represent them and it also gives many users the opportunity to experience being MOTS instead of just one/three. It also allows for different styles of doing things on the server. Each MOTS has done something different during their times to either support the community or further help the staff team with bridges to the community. I believe that the large gap does come from a bit of miscommunication. Often times over forum/text it is difficult to receive a person's true tone or meaning and things can often get lost in translations. But it is those reasons the MOTS exists. It is our job to take your views and translate them to the staff in one big happy way.

As for players being more comfortable around the staff, I believe that if the players took the time (and staff members also) to get to know one another you'd find that gap shrinking. I can tell you, I used to be absolutely terrified of the staff members until I got the opportunity to get to know them on a more personal level. My recommendation would be that next time you see a staff member in the game, talk to them. They are really nice people! :)

Transparency again would be my fault. I am supposed to be the "middle person" for y'all so I am to blame on that one mostly!

Suggestion:

-  Activity online of staff. It would be very nice to see staff online and interact with members from time to time. I'm not saying be online every waking second but a hour here and there can mean the world to some of the newer or younger players.

- Transparency. I don't mean show us everything you are working on. But little sneak peaks would be really nice. Teasers keep people on their toes and it gets buzz going.

- Forum update. I think if the game itself is getting updates the forum could get a little visual update too. ^^

Staff and member interaction is crucial to this game's community. While I am here to help that interaction, there is only so much 3 people can do. This is going to be a bit of a personal view and I do apologize - but since the whole incident there has been a decrease in the amount of staff members that we have. The activity of staff could be improved with a larger staff team in my opinion, but it is ultimately up to the Admins on size. Another idea that might work out would be a rough schedule of what staff member is on when.

There is currently a discussion on the best way to go about this all right now while also keeping the element of surprise. I can promise all of you that your voices of transparency are being heard and we are trying our best to come to a solution that will be beneficial to both sides in the end of it all. :)

Forum update I am all for. It would be nice to see the forum get a face lift along with the game! Thank you for the feedback!

Thank you all for the feedback. I can promise you that we are listing to everything in this thread and we are taking everything you guys are saying into consideration. I really can promise you that we are paying attention to you guys.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2020, 11:09:16 pm »
If you have anything you disagree with, please post it on this thread instead of here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68476.0

SpicyDirt really is trying to do her best to serve all of you. And it just isn't fair to keep posting complaints and going back-and-forth about it here when she clearly stated the format to be used on this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.