Author Topic: Kinda forgot how to roleplay  (Read 2112 times)

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Kinda forgot how to roleplay
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 10:45:39 pm »
@~Xx.Derp.xX~
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not exactly was roleplay is. Your example was only one style to roleplay.

Roleplay is the act of playing a role of anything, weather it's a person from history, an anime character, a country or even a simple object like a cup.

There are 3 most known ways to roleplay:
1.) Sebastian grabs the twig from the ground, inspecting it. "How interesting.." He managed out quietly, setting the stick away. He spun on the balls of his feet back around and began walking to the manor, hands tied behind his back and his head hung low as he thought.
2.) *Grabs the twig and inspects it*
How Interesting..
*Goes back home*
3.) grabs stick how interesting puts down and leaves

Also, it's always a good idea to use proper grammar and make your statements easy to read, as shown in example 1.
----------
Just saying, but advertising yourself to get nominated isn't the way to go about it. Just only being helpful isn't the way you're going to win, and especially if you're advertising yourself.

You say to use proper grammar and spelling, but I'm pretty sure " that's not exactly was roleplay is" isn't a grammatically correct sentence. Oh and to point this out, "weather it's a person from history". Weather is rain/sun etc. Whether would be appropriate in this context.

Please learn to spell and use grammar correctly before snapping at others.
An important part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.
?
"If he's hurting you, why are you still thinking about him?"
"Because I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all..."
??

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 11:33:46 pm »
Uhm, I wasn't really snapping at them?
I was more of stating something.

And not to mention, I'm still young and a human (maybe younger than you, I don't know). Therefore, I make mistakes. Not everyone's spelling is perfect, and not to mention that I'm not English/American. I'm not 100% understanding of the English language, so cut me some slack. I may live in America, but that doesn't mean I am an American who's been born into the English language. It seems more like you're snapping at me for being a human that makes mistakes (but I'm not saying you are).

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 04:08:10 pm »
lol, okay sorry "pity begging".
?
??

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 09:36:16 pm »
Quit it Drifting, honestly. There's no need for such a bad attitude. This is a thread that has asked for advice, not arguments.

Back to the original meaning of this thread...
If you would like to improve on your Roleplaying skills, try to take a quick look at your surroundings or imagine it if you're doing a completely different environment to in-game. Think about what will be around you, the atmosphere, the things that are possible to do. For instance; if you're a human in a city, think about how they'll react to their senses, what they can see, smell, hear, taste, and touch. In a city, the most common thing you can hear are lots of conversations between people, you can smell petrol, diesel, smoke, food, you can feel people's shoulders brushing against your arms as they walk past and disappear with the rest of the busy crowds. Just an example to enhance my point; there's nothing better than to give your roleplaying partner(s) a good image of what's going on around your character let alone what they're doing.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 11:20:03 pm »
lol okay, but if you're not exactly good at grammar and spelling, why tell others to be? Role-play should be a fun way of acting. Kinda like saying what you're doing out loud.
?
??

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 12:02:38 am »
I didn't know simply making a grammar error meant that I didn't know grammar, geez...
Can you lay off on my simple grammar mistake? It's called a mistake for a reason, there's no need to be so "hostile" towards me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:13:25 am by ?K???s??x? »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:05 pm »
Please be respectful of one another. I didn't see any wrong in the original statement that you pointed out Drift, however I do see wrong in your current attitude and tone about it. Please be mindful of your words. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in the discussion but do not be rude about it.