Author Topic: A Shurtle In Need  (Read 2362 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
A Shurtle In Need
« on: May 27, 2017, 11:29:03 am »
As of right now, I'm currently busying myself with revision for upcoming exams in school - as a result of this, I have no time to make my own presets and my own textures regarding my OC, Shurtle. Therefore, I've decided to ask around and see if anyone can do a preset or two for me, and in return once I have the free time - I'll get started on a 'thank you' gift (which will be a surprise, and I won't reveal the gifts to the people who dedicate their time to the preset-making).

Preset 1
Spoiler

Shurtle Turtark
This is definitely going to be a challenge for even the most skilled of preset makers, as it may or may not convince them to make a preset texture to truly capture his turtle scales or edit one they've got to make it seem close enough. No fancy glowing markings or anything is required, just mainly motivation for this guy.
- Don't worry about the shark tail and the shark fin. Unless you really want to try and add it onto the preset (somehow) then feel free to do so, although this isn't required; only an option feature to add on.
- Scarf and goggles will be used from the Legendary Items Pack.

I encourage you to experiment with the eyes. My drawing isn't very good as I didn't apply much texture at all and simply did the eyes. Therefore, if you have any eye textures you believe would suit this guy, or would like to make on yourself, you are more than welcome to put it on Shurtle!

Being Made By Regularities

Preset 2
Spoiler

Balf Wolatnomorph
As I have no reference sheet for this guy currently, I can only provide you with a screenshot of what he looks like in-game at the moment - as a basic reference of colours and what his look would look like marking-wise.
- This preset I'd like made to your hearts content, be as creative as you want and include as many colours as you like. This character is a Wolf x Bat x Xenomorph hybrid (if you don't know what a xenomorph is, please look them up)! The only description I can give that I'd really like to see with this preset is a similar xenomorph texture.
- I request that, whoever makes this, please make similar markings however add your own 'twists' to it - keep the theme 'Halloween' in your mind if you like, as that'll encourage some fancy scary design. Try to avoid gore, he's not some hard man who's been in battle and won over 1,000 fights and carries battle scars; in fact he's the complete opposite. Make the preset appropriate for even the younger generations to see, but still keep that creepy idea in mind.

Being made by Bawfle
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:10:51 pm by Shurtle »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: A Shurtle In Need
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:39:20 am »
I can try and make Shurtle's preset!
I've wanted to make a feline preset for a while but I can never come up with any designs.

I'll start making it today as I've got a week off and I'll PM you with some progress pictures! c:

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:41:59 am »
I've wanted to make a feline preset for a while but I can never come up with any designs.

I'll start making it today as I've got a week off and I'll PM you with some progress pictures! c:

Ah thank you! He's not actually a feline however, that's just the model used in-game.
I wish you the best of luck with his scales, since turtle and shark textures might need to be made and combined for that chap.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 11:43:47 am »

Ah thank you! He's not actually a feline however, that's just the model used in-game.
I wish you the best of luck with his scales, since turtle and shark textures might need to be made and combined for that chap.

Ah, yes I know, he's not a feline! I just meant the feline build/model.
And a quick question, are the green parts on the body and neck scales as well? Or should I just make it non-textured?

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 11:48:25 am »
His whole body is in fact covered in scales - the shell however, has the largest of them. Here's two images of turtles if you'd like to reference it for the scales:

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 11:49:40 am »
Okay, thank you! Helped out a lot

I'm starting it now and may get it finished by Sunday or Monday c:

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 11:50:17 am »
No rush at all! <3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 01:44:50 pm »
I can create something for Balf if you'd like. It might take a while as I'd need to weave it between commissions, 2 weeks max I'd say, but it'd be really great to add another preset to my collection of examples.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 02:10:15 pm »
I can create something for Balf if you'd like. It might take a while as I'd need to weave it between commissions, 2 weeks max I'd say, but it'd be really great to add another preset to my collection of examples.

That would be great! I've seen your preset work and it's gorgeous, so I hope you have fun with the requirements for Balf. c:
Don't worry at all about the amount of time it'll take to get it done!