Author Topic: Thirku - A CreativeMMORPG Project  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Thirku - A CreativeMMORPG Project
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:33:33 pm »
Hello, everyone!

Back in April of this year, Mobius, Aegis/Velnoir, Jehuty1994 and myself founded what has come to be known as Bampot Studios. What's awesome about this is that we are now officially a small, indie game-developing band of misfits!

Yep, you heard right. We're making a game.

You've probably seen a lot of people who are developing games similar to FH and Impressive Title and even Impressive World servers and the like. You can add Thirku, our current CreativeMMORPG project, to that list - however, there are a few differences.

Firstly, Thirku is being made completely from scratch. All of the models will be made by yours truly, many of them will also be animated by myself. The maps will be made by myself, and most of the actual appearance of the GUI interface and the options will also likely be done by myself. All of the coding and programming will be done by Mobius, and some help in making the models and animating will be given in the form of my personal guardian angel (of wurst), Velnoir. Our friendly neighbourhood Member Co-ordinator Moderator Jehuty1994 will also be accepting Staff applications sometime down the line if the community for the game becomes bigger.

Secondly, Thirku will have many features that other games may not. Some of the features that will be in the Alpha release include:

o Four models: Wolf, Dog, Lion and Cat
o A huge, beautiful and seamless world for you to explore and roam at your discretion
o NPC characters
o Items
o Prey that you will be able to track and hunt in a realistic manner
o A day/night system
o Levels and stats
o Achievements
o Separate "Rooms" within the server: Mature and PG will be available!
o And hopefully much more!

We have a lot lined up for the game even after the initial Alpha release and intend to update it as often as we can manage. Quests, a PvP area mode and an in-game map maker unlike you've ever seen before will be included in the Beta release, just as an example!

Alpha release keys will be given out at random to members of the official Thirku forum. Every month, more users will be invited to join the game as Alpha (and eventually, Beta) testers, though at this point in time we are unsure as to how many per month will be given keys. There is also a suggestion system so that users can make their voice heard. The players of the game are its heart, and we are devoted to making a game that you guys, the players, can enjoy.

The game progress journal itself can be viewed within the Thirku forum. New members are of course completely welcome! We have a lot to offer with this game, and rest assured - we will see it through.

The ideas behind Thirku has already proven to flourish. We have so many ideas concerning the world of Thirku that we already have a singleplayer game lined up once a Beta version of the Multiplayer is released.

So come along and say hi in the Thirku forums! We're a friendly bunch, I promise. ;P

We're also currently holding a literature contest! Come join in the fun! <33

Thank you so much for reading! We hope you're just as excited as we are!

~Twee
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:15:59 pm by Twee »

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Thirku - A CreativeMMORPG Project
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:41:47 pm »
Well this has certainly gotten me intrigued. I'll be sure to check out what you guys have currently got established and I wish ye' all luck in the creation of the game. It sounds promising.
gone

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »
Well this has certainly gotten me intrigued. I'll be sure to check out what you guys have currently got established and I wish ye' all luck in the creation of the game. It sounds promising.

Thank you, Vespian! We've made some progress - setbacks concerning the real world and our student lives tend to get in the way sometimes, but it's a project we are determined to see through. It means a lot to know that it's an interesting idea!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 02:26:33 am »
This sounds amazing! A definite cross of IT and FH, although much improved. Although, what is your realism goal? Will there be wings, drastically unrealistic markings, ect, or a strict realistic theme? Or a nice mix between?

Goodluck!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:40:00 am »
Our aim is to allow a great range of creativity - not sure about wings on canine and feline characters etc. but we are looking into the possibility of adding models such as dragons to the game. :3 Like FH, groups will be implemented so that roleplayers can band together and create their own roleplays and even apply for their own room (complete with either usage of the public map(s) or their own custom-made/downloaded map) on the server to roleplay on.

Right now, we're looking into providing a range of both realistic and unrealistic markings. We're aiming to give players full creativity over the creations of their own characters.

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline Flamestar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • "For the Clans!"
    • View Profile
    • Moonrise~ Warrior Cats
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:31:01 pm »
Will you be able to play as cubs, pups, etc.?

Will you be able to like.. HAVE pups/cubs? It'd definitely add to realism...
"The Slenderthayne are nothing but evil... the Clans will vanquish them, and we can live in the light once more.... For the Clans, die, Darkoblivion!" ~Moonstar's battlecry against the Slenderthayne

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:02:26 pm »
I'm defz joining. <3 Looks amazing so far!

x x x

Offline dragonwolf 41

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • i am just a cute lttle red night fury n pet kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 05:28:15 pm »
um i cant get to there it wont find it did you guys move or something i wont let me find it xD
try me i dare you...

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 07:34:08 pm »
It is definetly a cool idea, and i would join you, but a question is bothering me. When you said userses will be able to make there maps, will it be abit similar to FH map making, or will it be with coding stuff? P.S. Goodluck on the game making. cx

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 11:37:57 pm »

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA