Author Topic: Will There Be PVP?  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Darkx12121

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • dtlfan23
    • View Profile
Will There Be PVP?
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:29:59 pm »
will there ever be PVP? if there will be add attacks and hunting too
REEEE

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Will There Be PVP?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
Kov left saying there will be hunting, but I don't think there should be. We can honestly roleplay this out so I don't suggest PVP, attacks or hunting atm really.
But who knows if Kov is working on the hunting really. He said he would add it before he disappeared.

Offline Darkx12121

• Forum Newcomer
    • dtlfan23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »
thats ok but if he adds it we can go to PVP arenas thats what i meant but if we hunt heres the first animal idea: Parrot, where found: Bonfire Island
REEEE

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:29 pm »
Well, PvP is more suited to MMORPGs that base their platform entirely on combat and level differentiation. In addition, there are interesting skills you have at your disposal such as swinging your sword a certain way or have an over-the-top arcane ability. All that good stuff and looks good when you do these things, it makes you feel powerful. There are a ton of actions your toon can do as far as fighting and going on defense. However, if you just bsae off a PvP with simply on snapping, biting, and scratching, it can get tedious. (Or if you're really into that sort of stuff, then, alright, all good.)

Now, with Feral Heart as a whole, it would have to be carefully thought through, that is if it was ever to be embedded into the game. Since this is more of sandox type game, it'd be odd to have a PvP, least in my opinion. It's like having a PvP for a game like Wolf Quest, it wouldn't exactly fit together.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33:41 pm »
It -might- be cool....But it would kinda spoil the game, if you want to PvP and hunt and stuff I think Dragons Den would be the perfect game for you! I don't play it, but from what I saw when I tested it out, it's pretty similar to FH exept hunting and you can have pets...

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:22:06 pm »
I personally am against the ideas of PvP.
Sure it might be fun, but that really depends on if there is something to gain from it, and what that is.
In IT, it was a limited number of different attacks and items. Also, pets, if you got lucky.

However with recent experiences in branched-off servers of Impressive Title, such as Sanctum of Eventide,
I've decided that I personally don't like the idea.

In the older games you had to get items from prey instead of just applying them in the creator like it is nowadays.
So people would beg for items, trade, and it just felt competitive.

People would also become selfish.
And in a recent experience of giving one of those IT branch servers another chance, I got the bashing from people who don't even know me by accidentally killing a dragon they were hunting.
Regardless if it took them a long while or not, when someone bashes you for a simple mistake that isn't worth anything, just...
I don't want to be part of a game with people who are like that. So of course, first thing I did after that was uninstall the game.

But you get my point, while PvP would be very nice, if there are certain "material" things you can gain from it, of course being selfish is going to be a little bit inevitable.
And since FeralHeart is one of the few games that doesn't do something like that,
I'd really be happy with it just staying the same.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:24:43 pm by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Compass

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Professional Lurker
    • admirally
    • admiralyre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 02:48:35 pm »
Yes:
I feel that maybe a survival option in the game for something like minecraft would be very cool. I love how it is now but adding things would improve the game. Say some people love the PvP feel, and don't really like Feral-Heart how it is? They would be happy with more options and that would fit more people. It's very hard to find MMOs where you actually are an animal, and many games like that are in production currently. And the fact the RP feel is kinda strange without your character being hungry. I think that it doesn't have to be directly able to die, but maybe knocked out or something so it is less violent? Packs and clans would be much more interesting, I agree.

No:
Now with the option of dying or being knocked out, people will always be annoying. The number of trollers would sky-rocket and the intensity of the pranks would be much worse. It would be chaos in many ways. It would cause this 'survival' option to be in singleplayer.

Kovu's last game had hunting and pets, but people could kill them. That would be a trainwreck in Feral-Heart...

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:54 pm »
I am completely against the idea of PVP. As if only powerplaying trolls are annoying, imagine them actually jumping and biting your character, knocking you down and Fenrir knows what. Feral Heart is a sandbox MMO CHAT game, and PVP would ruin it completely. Sure, it was acceptable in IT, since you couldn't really harm another's character. Though, it would be cool if we had like a "PVP Arena" thing, where you would fight for fun or something. It reminds me of those Fightwolves/dogs in Ficho, also, it would be easier for them.

However, Kov has disappeared, thus making it impossible to add these features.

Offline Loopyloola

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »
If PVP was added it would be a mess....

Offline Chariot

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 05:05:28 pm »
I think that would be awesome. But not so you could just attack someone whenever you want, but like a duel option.
Then you wouldn't really have to worry about power-players in RP.
But I don't think this will happen.