Author Topic: Mane question  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
Mane question
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:55:05 am »
Hello!
I'm making a preset and I would love to have more than one color in my feline mane. Know any way? If you have an UV showing what color to place to make this part of the mane this color and the other part another one it would be wonderful!

Lucius

Re: Mane question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:33:51 am »
Check here: Preset Tips and Scripts, under the High Definition UVs section.

I'm assuming that you're making a standard sized preset, so your best bet is to download the Feline 1K files and scale the UVs down to fit the image size of your mane texture.

I'll quote the examples from the OP in case you just want a quick reference.

The UVs on the manes are rather strange, so be aware that it will still be hard to get anything defined on one area without somehow affecting another.

Examples

This gives us a clean division between the strands of hair and the mound of fur.

However, once we bring in larger manes, that's when we get problems.

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:50 pm »
Check here: Preset Tips and Scripts, under the High Definition UVs section.

I'm assuming that you're making a standard sized preset, so your best bet is to download the Feline 1K files and scale the UVs down to fit the image size of your mane texture.

I'll quote the examples from the OP in case you just want a quick reference.

The UVs on the manes are rather strange, so be aware that it will still be hard to get anything defined on one area without somehow affecting another.

Examples

This gives us a clean division between the strands of hair and the mound of fur.

However, once we bring in larger manes, that's when we get problems.

I actually got it at 1:00 AM x'D
I was just too sleepy to go back on and update the thread, but thank you and I'll keep this in my favorite incase I forgot again as it look really helpful ^^

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 12:51:17 am »
I'll lock up this topic for you, as it would seem that you found what you were looking for. c: Good luck with the preset!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.