Author Topic: Staff Contact Information  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Blush

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Staff Contact Information
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »
I have some FH tutorial videos on YouTube and I have people messaging me non-stop about never getting their verify code when they sign up. I obviously cannot solve their problem, but they need to know who to contact for help. I do not see any email addresses posted for staff members. Can someone tell me who I can direct these people to for help? They cannot sign in or use the forum to post. So, I need an email address I can forward on to them.

Maybe you guys should put a contact section up for these people. I have gotten over a hundred messages (and I only have about 1,000 viewers) about this over the past year and I really wish FH staff would help these people or just fix the problem.

Some people even message me for help because no one of the forums is helping them with a simple issue. I am obviously not getting paid to take time out of my day to help these people. This has been an ongoing issue for a long time. You guys need to stop adding things to the game and fix what is already there. I don't even play anymore because of all the issues the game has. I would just like to help these people who are obviously upset that they cannot play because a simple thing like a verify code doesn't work.

I am a web designer and if you guys really need the verify code fixed and for some reason cannot figure out the issue yourselves, I will send you some coding I use on my own games for the verify code. I just want it to be fixed, so I don't get anymore messages about this.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Contact Information
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 03:52:11 am »
I don't want to sound like a meany when writing this even though I probably will.

Lets just point out very clearly that if you are incapable of making an account here on the site and activating it, chances are the game isn't a good place for you.

I do believe the main reason why you get these messages from your videos is simply because people ARE too lazy to actually try to sort it themselves. They probably got the solution right in front of their noses, and if you actually put up help videos on youtube about various FH matters, ofcourse they will pick the road that "seem" easy to them.

There shouldn't be any problem with the registering/activating part on this site, it's most likely the user that fails to check their junk folder, not sure where to go to activate it, not sure that you are even sposed to activate it, or they didn't even try to use another username/email when they do register, assuming everything will work straight away.

The regulars in the community and the staff try to help users as much as possible. There's several help threads lying around, stickied threads, search bar you can use, and a help section people can post new threads in about their issue. The staff DO help, but if the users don't even take the energy to explain their issue properly and actually try to sort them on the information the staff and community gives, then o fcourse nothing will happen. People don't get served on silver plates! Yet another thing people seem to fail to understand.

Yes, you don't get paid to take your time to help these people, and we understand that, but you know what?

All the staff here on the site and ingame doesn't get paid EITHER, they all work for free because they want to help. If you don't want to help em, then don't, but don't take for granted that the staff rolls around in money.

Lets also make another thing clear. The staff here, doesn't add things into the game: The only one that actually can do this, and decide what gets in, is KovuLKD, the game creator. We are just here to help in general and not a single thing has been added or fixed in the game for a few months since Kov is the only person that actually can do this.. If you stopped playing the game because of issues there, you should try to contact kov and see what he says about it.

If users aren't able to register, they should be able to reach the staff on various sites if they just took a look on  the forum and the pages here, most do have contact information to various sites.

I personally haven't gotten any reports about a broken registering function here on the site, youtube, Deviant etc, and if this is something that does exist, then there would be a bigger fuzz about it.

I will go and register a new account just now just to double check, but if that works there's obviously nothing wrong.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:32:34 pm »
The users cannot log into the forum because their accounts are not working. Like I said, hundreds of people are having this issue. They have checked their junk folders. Some of them are even older users. An admin just told me that new users are not valueable to them. I mean, wow. You have a game targetted toward children and helping users is obviously not at the top of your list. Just because they are "smart" enough to work around all these website glitches.

The staff may not be getting paid, but they should care about the game/site and the future users of said game. I have worked as a mod on games like this before, I wasn't paid and nor were the other mods. We still keep a tight leash on people cussing and fighting unlike what I have experience here on FH. Reporting does nothing because the report button does not work and sending in a screenshot to report someone for a cuss word seems like so much trouble. Especially when mods are sitting there reading it and doing nothing anyway.

Yes, I know the staff cannot add things to the game. Kovu should stop adding things and realize that the game is one big pile of glitches. Groups are deleted everytime you make them by a glitch, private messages and group messages are sent as general chat messages by a glitch, friends are deleted by a glitch, half of the new markings do not work, you get locked out of your characters, bad token messages show up daily, and hundreds of people cannot sign up for the game because that doesn't work either.

No one has reported this issue because there is no email address posted and they cannot get onto the forum. So, just please give me the email of Kovu/staff/anyone who can actually fix this issue for these people. I don't want to fight over this. I don't want to talk about it. I just want an email address, so these people are contact someone for help with their account.

You obviously don't know anything about databases/servers. One moment something can work and the next it could not. It could be an issue with the amount of people on the server at the time the user tries to sign up. Which means, it would only happen sometimes and for whatever reason the email never was sent out to user. The account is made for these people, but they cannot verify said-account. There could be many things wrong that you cannot re-create with your email, browser, at the time of day you are creating said-account, it could hundreds of different things.

I am not trying to sound "mean", but I wasn't interested in having this conversation... again with mods. I am reporting an issue, instead of telling me it "isn't real" (like an obvious professional would do) just give me the information I asked for. I obviously would not come back to this forum to post about a fake glitch. I mean, that is what you are accusing me of.

I have tutorials up, which you probably do not on your YouTube account. New users do not know who you are to FeralHeart. People are looking for a tutorial on how to fix this issue. You can go search my tutorials on YouTube and see the complaints for yourself. That is fine with me. I just need this information for my viewers. The only reply I should have gotten was, "I am sorry you are having this issue, here is the email address. If you need anymore help, please let me know."

I have searched for said-contact information. I cannot find it. Put it on one page... on your website... not the forum that they cannot get to, and have a contact page like every other game. You are not helping me with this issue. You are only upsetting me by the level of rudeness you are displaying. You should care about new users, no matter what you seem to think their intelligence level is.

(Guess what? I even got a glitch when I tried to post this message the first time. T.T)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:19:24 am »
This is probably the biggest QQ post I've ever gotten, and I'm not even sure how it would be possible to take it properly.

Some of them are even older users. An admin just told me that new users are not valueable to them. I mean, wow. You have a game targetted toward children and helping users is obviously not at the top of your list. Just because they are "smart" enough to work around all these website glitches.
Yes, I just sit around and laugh at people and their misery for fun and is a completely incompetent bastard.. Well said.

We still keep a tight leash on people cussing and fighting unlike what I have experience here on FH. Reporting does nothing because the report button does not work and sending in a screenshot to report someone for a cuss word seems like so much trouble.

Well then, you probably don't realize that it doesn't matter how many mods that exists, people will still mess around. There's not tools for the mods to even moderate the game properly, and how you include an ingame issue when this was about registering users isn't really the way to go? Sure, if you don't want to help with sending screens I understand, but then don't expect the given user will get caught right away.

and hundreds of people cannot sign up for the game because that doesn't work either.
That is an issue indeed, but if there were an actual problem with users not being able to register then I just got a feeling it would be more noticeable than this. But yes, if there's a new issue that just came up, you have my excuses for that. Though your youtube inbox getting filled because you posted tutorial vids for FH isn't the staffs fault in any way.
No one has reported this issue because there is no email address posted and they cannot get onto the forum.
even if people can't post on the site or log in, there's still ways to get in reach, by just looking on the forum mods profiles, looking around in stickied threads(as mentioned earlier), posting in the FH groups on Deviant art, even asking a friend that is registered to post here on the site. Anything really.

You obviously don't know anything about databases/servers.
Thank you good sir. I probably know just as much about those things as you know about the community.

but I wasn't interested in having this conversation... again with mods. I am reporting an issue, instead of telling me it "isn't real" (like an obvious professional would do) just give me the information I asked for. I obviously would not come back to this forum to post about a fake glitch. I mean, that is what you are accusing me of.
Well I'm so sorry for accusing you of a fake glitch then. It doesn't seem like you weren't interested in having a conversation though.

New users do not know who you are to FeralHeart. People are looking for a tutorial on how to fix this issue. You can go search my tutorials on YouTube and see the complaints for yourself.

I'm really glad you mentioned that for me because I have never gotten any pm in my youtube inboxes about fh matters xD.

Put it on one page... on your website... not the forum that they cannot get to, and have a contact page like every other game. You are not helping me with this issue. You are only upsetting me by the level of rudeness you are displaying. You should care about new users, no matter what you seem to think their intelligence level is.

Yes, if you would have mentioned because it would be a hassle looking for it on the forum I'd understand. But even though you aren't logged in, you are still able to view the forum, so they would technically get to it.
To be really honest there would be issues having a well monitored mail anywhere on the main pages that everyone can see, and who would be responsible if their messages weren't replied to? Well.. The staff ofcourse. There has been thoughts about setting up a better way for users to contact cause it wouldn't hurt, but false help isn't the best way to go, take a look at the fake ingame report button.

Sorry for being rude here, but yeah, I don't see how you are being too nice about the issue either xD. Now it just seems like you are making me sound like I think new users are idiots. I wish I could be a nice person just like you though.

(Guess what? I even got a glitch when I tried to post this message the first time. T.T)
Did you read what the error message gave you possibly? Or what sort of glitch it were?

By the amount of all that text I'd say the session probably timed out, which is simply because it took too long to post, and it needs a refresh.

If you still feel like having a conversation about this, feel free to pm me, or if you don't feel like talking with someone that doesn't know anything at all, pm any other administrator here on the site and we can talk about it further. If you want to sort that glitch that really causes problems then send razmirz a message about it. Most of the staff should look in their PM inbox.

The FH staff excuse for the help spammed videos you put up on youtube.. And I will try and see about that email.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:25:44 am »
I have looked at the staff information given on the Help board. No one's email is listed on their profiles. They are all hidden. Your email is also hidden. And earlier you told me if I had issues with the game to contact Kovu. There is no way to contact directly posted on the forum that I have found. If there was, he would have heard my complaints a long time ago. Then again this is a free game and it isn't my business. That is why I stopped playing because the same issues have been here for the year I have.

I just want an email of someone who can help these people. Please.

Otherwise, I will direct them to your YouTube account so you may deal with it.

There should be a better way of contacting these people. These users are having serious issues and would like to play Feral Heart. If I gave them my honest opinion it would be to find a better game, but they want to play this game and I am nice enough to come on here for them and try to get the issue straightened out.

I have helped them as much as I can, suggested checking their junk mail, suggested a new account, etc. etc. Nothing is working for them so far. Possibly if someone who can change the user database could verify the users account via the user database for them in order to get the account working.

I have modded websites and games alone, Red. They had less cussing and fighting. And a filter. There are free codes you can find online for filters that do not allow users to post anything with cuss words.

Mods always seem to attack the users and make the issue worse. This is a serious problem because you are dealing with children. Children play this game and therefore should be protected by staff members. Not attacking which I have seen happen in game. I have had messages about this via YouTube. For some reason, these people think I am staff or have some power over this and honestly I wish I did. Some messages I have had about staff members have been terrible and I know what they are dealing with. There have been children very upset because mods attacked them, not other players.

I just want an email of someone. I don't want "they have a YouTube account over here or a Deviantart" that means these users have to either sign up for another website or they could find the wrong person on YouTube. I just want an email address that these people can contact. It is very easy for me to post in a video, "If you can having problems with your account, contact this email address" and there will be no confusion.

kittywolf300

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »
Red, that was the most childish reply from an admin I've ever seen.

Some staff member you are.

Oh, plus, you pretty much got raped, and try to make a good comeback, but failed, LOL.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 02:43:46 am »
I thought Reds answer was very informative actually. If I am ever in a spot I can't log in I now know where to go to find help!

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:16:53 am »
Thank you A.K. It just seems like he could have told me who these users can contact instead of getting all upset with me.

Sameth, sure, it was informative for other people, but not me. I asked one simple question and I cannot get an answer. Every suggestion he gave I already told him it didn't work in my first post. I have already troubleshooted these people with the basic information given here on the forum like I explained in my first post. He just kept telling me to do the same thing again.

Red even marked my karma down everytime he came to reply. It just seems silly since I already said I don't play anymore. XD

Offline Arystina

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 03:47:56 am »
How can you be so sure it was Red who marked your karma down? Many people have viewed this thread, and some might have not agreed with you and decided to mark your karma down. It is not right to accuse someone of something if you do not have any evidence.

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:31:09 am »
Umm.. it was pretty obvious since it happened right after he would post... every time.