Author Topic: What does Floof-O-Meter mean?  (Read 14997 times)

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: What does Floof-O-Meter mean?
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:22 am »
The only reason I would bite someone was because they either weren't honest or/and did something bad

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »
The only reason I would bite someone was because they either weren't honest or/and did something bad

I agree, but someone may be in a fight and might just decide to bite them constantly to troll them. Or people are just trolls.
I am honestly surprised that this topic has gone on for so long. =)

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 02:11:02 pm »

I agree, but someone may be in a fight and might just decide to bite them constantly to troll them. Or people are just trolls.
I am honestly surprised that this topic has gone on for so long. =)

I agree, but for a person getting bite when they did nothing is wrong, this is what they meant by "abusing" it. I believe this was a factor of why it was removed, in which I'm glad.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

ShadowStarthleader

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »
I agree with SilverTW. People may look bad because of their Floof-O-Meter, which may make no one want to meet them. Then multiple things could happen:
1. They leave the site because they feel cheated, causing the community to lose a member.
2. They actually do get really cranky about the meter and get in trouble for rudeness/being mean/ etc.
3. They feel like no one wants them on the site, so they get inactive.
I think it's justified to remove biting.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »
I agree with SilverTW. People may look bad because of their Floof-O-Meter, which may make no one want to meet them. Then multiple things could happen:
1. They leave the site because they feel cheated, causing the community to lose a member.
2. They actually do get really cranky about the meter and get in trouble for rudeness/being mean/ etc.
3. They feel like no one wants them on the site, so they get inactive.
I think it's justified to remove biting.

I agree ^^ The biting really wasn't really necessary and besides, if you don't like what someone did, just simply not give them a... Floof point? Lol. Floof-O-Meter is a more creative name to go by than plain 'Karma' :D Nice work staff!!!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

ShadowStarthleader

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 03:28:06 am »
Yeah :D

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 03:34:16 am »
The biting really wasn't really necessary and besides, if you don't like what someone did, just simply not give them a... Floof point? Lol. Floof-O-Meter is a more creative name to go by than plain 'Karma' :D Nice work staff!!!

I disagree. Not giving them a floof point doesn't work for me, You think I'm just going to sit around in the case of someone stealing and doing things wrong, ignore it, and just accept the fact that others are  giving them nuzzles for things they didn't actually make? Am I meant to not show my disappointment of someone being rude on FH? Someone swore in a thread earlier, I wanted to bite them to show there were repercussions for their actions. Since the bite is gone I have noticed some people being more rude, because no one can do anything about it, they can't have their karma lowered. While getting rid of the bite function wasn't a bad idea, it wasn't exactly a good one either.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

ShadowStarthleader

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 04:30:13 am »
Report them to a mod/admin. SImple solution if someone does something bad.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 04:41:42 am »
I think kyugima mean rude posts in general or things that doesn't really go against the rules. Mods and admins cannot really ban users just because they dislike some of the things they do or say unless it goes against the board rules.

Someone might for example ignore information posted, post sarcastic or pointless comments that's not really enough for anything at all but annoyance. I'm not sure how kyu and the other mods would be able to report tiny things to themselves xD

So if you spend a lot of time on the boards dealing with different kinds of users, chances are you will bump into someone that just do actions or post things that aren't really welcomed or liked due to lack of forum manners, but unless it's breaking rules such as swearing, spamming, racist etc. It will still be posted since everything can't be removed.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

ShadowStarthleader

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 04:49:48 am »
Okay. I think I understand a bit more.