Author Topic: What does Floof-O-Meter mean?  (Read 14847 times)

CloudFish

Re: What does Floof-O-Meter mean?
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 02:18:41 pm »
I have to side with Kyugima on one point

I think the loss of the karma and the bite option will make users feel more like they can be rude, or make comments on posts that they might have been warded of to do so before. People are more likely to say what they really mean; which in one case may be good for the "discussion" side of things, but could also lead to the clashing of opinion and ideas in a bad way.

The bite option was a subtle and yet somewhat effective way for users to reprimand their fellow players for things they didn't agree with. And while I think the name change will be effective, I also believe that it was better to have had it.

As for those who feel it /could/ be abused, the once every twenty-four hour things seemed pretty effective. Not to mention if one felt their once-karma points were being eaten away at, they could have alerted a staff member, if it continued, I'm satisfied it could have been dealt with. But really, I don't know what kind of pathetic person would come onto the forums every day to bite at a user's points just out of spite or distaste. It's a pointless means to get back at someone, or at least, this is how I view it.

I never really paid much attention to the entire system, mostly because I know where and who my karma's coming from. However, when scrolling through threads, I did give the occasional nuzzle to someone who made a good point, or bit at someone who was indeed saying "hey, i can say this, so i'm going to say it" and their manner of saying so was less to be desired.

i feel it was a system that was okay where it was at, though I never really cared one way or another for it, i think for the majority, it was effective and to the point.

the only thing i could think of to ward of naysayers about the abuse, would coding be possible to stop the count from going below zero /with/ the bite option in place?

ShadowStarthleader

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »
However, they did not remove the Karma.(Nuzzle/Floof-O-Meter)

CloudFish

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »
In a sense, they did. It's no longer the same thing. The idea of "karma" and the option to bite are gone. It's replaced with a totally different idea.

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 05:34:19 pm »
That is what I have been trying to say, the bite function is in some point a way for the community to ''correct'' users and their wrongdoings.

Thierry

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »
uhhh, i think is better to directly say what they done wrong than simply rage biting.
One user can do many posts around and never know why it get a bite and in what post.

CloudFish

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 05:37:41 pm »
In most cases, it's not to hard to figure out where you might have lost a karma. Generally people only get a "bite" for comments that go against a majority, are rude, or are plain bashing.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »
uhhh, i think is better to directly say what they done wrong than simply rage biting.
One user can do many posts around and never know why it get a bite and in what post.

I must agree with Theiry, you don't HAVE to rage at a user, just simply tell them what's wrong with what they did.

I actually really like how the name has been changed, and how you can only nuzzle someone.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2012, 12:57:34 am »

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Kyaine

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2012, 01:00:55 am »
It's awesome! Now people can't bite and hurt other members feelings and only nuzzle with love xD

ShadowStarthleader

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 01:51:41 am »