Author Topic: Sometimes I can't post with my comp  (Read 1418 times)

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I am obssessed With Smile.Dog and Strider!
    • View Profile
Sometimes I can't post with my comp
« on: July 05, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »
Ok so randomly sometimes my computer says timed out while posting when I try and post to the forum with it. So I use my Kindle. well when I try the computer again it still does that!!! IT'LL DO THAT FOR A WEEK! So what do i do?

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes I can't post with my comp
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:01:02 am »
Ah, not a problem at all. Getting that error report often happens when you spend too much time on a post, or when it senses that you've become inactive for several minutes {as learnt about on several forum site FAQ's}. That happens to me all the time, and when it does that, just simply click the "Post" button again and it should work the next time. Hope this helped. ~

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 12:03:12 am »
Also, what I do is copy me post if possible from memory or if I'm on my derpy laptop I just copy it and log off, log back in and go back to the thread to post it on. Usually helps for me.
Also, just click again if you've become inactive for a while adding on to what .exe said.
Hope this helped too. c:

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 12:04:53 am »
No what I mean is it does it repetitively and won't post till I've use the forums with my Kindle for a week. But after that it doesn't do that for a really long time.  And sometimes if the forums are down when their back it stops.

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 12:36:38 am »
Alright, then. If this keeps on happening, then it is probably time to clean out your cache information. A full cache usually leads to a few mishaps such as sessions timing out every so often. Here's how to clean it out, depending on which browser you use.

Internet Explorer
If using this browser, go to the top left corner of your screen. You should see a toolbar just below the search engine. Click "Tools", then "Internet Options".
A lit'le window should pop up. Currently staying on the "General" tab, search for the section on that page called "Browsing history" and click the "Delete" button.
Once clicked, there should be a list containing all the things your cache provides. What you may want to delete are the "Temporary Internet Files" and possibly "Cookies" for the cookies have a lit'le part in timed out sessions.
This should help your problem. ~

Chrome
On this browser, underneath your close button should be a mini wrench icon. Click on that to reveal a list of the tools.
Click on "Options", thus a new window opening titled Google Chrome Options. On that window should be three tabs, click the "Under the Hood" tab.
After that, locate the "Clear browsing data" and click it. Another window should open. Be sure you have the following items checked off:
✓ Clear browsing history
✓ Clear download history
✓ Empty the cache
✓ Delete cookies and other site data
After that, click on the "Clear browsing data", then click "Close" and the problem should be fixed. ~

Firefox
When using this browser, simply press Ctrl + Shift + Del on your keyboard. A window titled "Clear Private Data" should open up.
Check the box that says "Cache" as well as "Cookies" and press "Clear Private Data Now". Once fnished, you can close out of that, and then refresh the page.

I hope this works. If it does, then I'm glad to have helped. ~ c: Though if it doesn't, then I apologize greatly. Maybe someone else would have another solution?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:40:31 am by .exe »

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 12:59:31 am »
I'll try that but I can't find the wrench but this computer of mine came with Internet Explorer but I don't use it cause its slower than a snail in molasses but I think I gotta do it with IE cause google chrome's wrench ran off. XD

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 01:04:13 am »
xD Aw well, I hope things work out on IE then if that may be the case.~ Sorry for the inconvenience, I guess the wrench dun want you to clean out the cache, lol. Cx

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 01:10:14 am »
Probably but Crazy Coding will track it down XD

...Guess Coding found the wrench...poor wrench.

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas