Author Topic: Have a bit of a problem...  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Have a bit of a problem...
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »
This problem occurs a lot when I try PMing a moderator a report.
The request seems to be having trouble being sent to the server (in other words: the request times-out)
I have to wait a few minutes to try and send a report and sometimes it will go through but its very rare. Most of the time I just get a time-out error.
My browser is fine. I even tried multiple other browsers and get the same problem (Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer).
I will eventually get this window for the error when it times out:

Is this a common server-sided problem? Is there any way to fix this? I know someone else posted a help-thread on this before and I tried the suggestions that were posted and that didn't help. I need to find a way around this.
Thanks!

wolfdog01

Re: Have a bit of a problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »
I get this every now and then. I used to get them everytime I would try to post but it has gotten better. It is just a server thing I think.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »
Normally when I get this error, I just wait a few minutes before re-freshin' the page and try to send it in again. Try waitin' a few minutes, copy all the content within yer message (so ye won't have to re-type everythin' again), then refresh the page 'n try again. Mayhaps that will work. Ye can also try clearin' out yer browser history/cookies.
gone

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 05:53:04 pm »
I've tried that for a while. Sometimes it'll work but if there is solution for this please let me know! Thank you all for your replies! ^-^

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:28:58 am »
Try removing the www. infront of the url address and do the regular whoopdeedo of clearing your browser cache and cookies for this site.

If it would persist after that I wouldn't be all to certain since I haven't had a lasting issue of these timeout errors. Though they can jump up from time to time and then it would be good to do as suggested above to give it a rest for a few and it will hopefully pop back online shortly later.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LoneAngelwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Try me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 03:55:26 pm »
I have a problem, i want to upload my profile
Picture and i dont know how; and i want to
Upload my new map so other can play in it. Can u help plz

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 11:51:17 pm »
Why don't you just make your own help topic instead of randomly bringing up an unrelated topic in someone else's thread? -_-

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline LoneAngelwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Try me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 12:55:01 am »
Why don't you just make your own help topic instead of randomly bringing up an unrelated topic in someone else's thread? -_-
this is an i have a problem thread, thus i have a problem. Instead of trying to create a problem. Can u help Me with mine?

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 01:01:27 am »
this is an i have a problem thread, thus i have a problem. Instead of trying to create a problem. Can u help Me with mine?

Amilia, what Blu Parrot said is right. It's unlikely for others to see this thread so why don't you create your own? That way people will see it better and you have a better chance of getting help. ^^

signature by g0thic_vibes1

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 01:08:45 am »
Around this forum it's easier for users to help someone when they post their own thread instead of notifying someone else with another issue irrelevant to why they made the thread in the first place. For future reference, it's better to make your own thread instead of posting in another person's thread since more people will be notified and willing to help you, as Echoz stated. :)

I will be PMing you regarding your issue.

EDIT: Actually, the forum is not allowing me to PM right this moment, so here is what I was going to send to you:
Hello! This is regarding your question asked in a recient help thread not long ago about profile pictures/avatars and uploading maps.

Here's a useful tutorial on avatars and signatures and how to apply them to your profile.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18872.0

As for your maps, first you'll have to get all of the files that were exported when you exported the map first, which will be located in Feralheart\exports on your computer. Those files from your map need to be downloaded for other players to have the ability to access your map. A good way of doing so is compressing all of the files into a .zip or .rar and uploading them to a file sharing site such as Mediafire.com. Here's another old thread that may be of use to you about sharing maps with more in depth explanations.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17855.0   (Mind that that thread is very old and it's better if you post a new thread instead of posting in that since it is considered "necroing," which basically means into "bringing a old thread back to life," or reviving an old thread.)

I wish you the best of luck, and if you need any more help regarding this issue, don't hesitate to PM or start a new topic here. Good luck! ;D
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=24.0
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:31:19 am by AlphaEclipse »