Author Topic: Malfunctioning keyboard.  (Read 1169 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Malfunctioning keyboard.
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:43:16 pm »
This is more of a keyboard-related issue, so I have absolutely no idea where this belongs.

My keyboard is malfunctioning. Every time I hold down the Shift key and press 2 I get ", and if I hold down Shift and press ' I get @. The 3 key turns into £ upon holding Shift, and typing a £ into the chat crashes the game so now I have a crash button on my keyboard.

How do I type a hashtag symbol when my keyboard does this?

Is there any way to fix the malfunction until I replace my keyboard? Because even though I can crash out whenever I want to, the way the keys decided to behave is going to confuse me and I know it.

I just know that someday I'm going to type in @-insert dialogue here-@ while roleplaying.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Malfunctioning keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »
Your keyboard settings have most likely been changed to English. To use the hashtag, you need to press the ~ button. I am not sure what language you originally had it to, but you can always change it back. I think this post will help you with that. The £ button and the `¬ buttons are what makes the English keyboard crash Feral Heart, when you use the Shift key to toggle between symbols that is. To get the star, you need to press Shift + 8
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:10:06 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone