Author Topic: My Thoughts On Hunting  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
My Thoughts On Hunting
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:53:19 pm »
I remember reading at some point that prey was coming to FH, and now that Last Cave has been released, I'm positive that I know at least one huge thing that's going to make an appearance. XD

However, I would like to see, if possible, some coding that allows us to actually stalk prey instead of just auto-chase it. I'd love to see some sort of strategic element to it. Granted, I know you can only do so much in this sort of game, but to me, the old IT forumla of click to auto-chase and auto-hit got to be dull fast. Something where you actually have a chance to use the crouch to sneak would be amazing. :3
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: My Thoughts On Hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »
I really like this idea as well.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »
It would be great if players could actually stalk the prey, but I doubt that it's possible. D:

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 08:40:31 pm »
>8D
FINALLY!!!

The liar and the thief

Offline Dunstan26

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Insanity is my middle name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »
Lots of people have the liking for the idea of hunting. Kov knows we love the idea of hunting (hopefully) so we're probably going to get it in time. Wings came sooner than expected for some so who knows? Maybe we'll get hunting sooner than expected XP But yeah I like the idea of hunting. It'll create FH even more into IT though.
Obsessed With A Creature

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 12:33:05 am »
After experiencing much BS on some of the revived IT servers, I don't care if FH becomes more like IT, so long as items remain in the character maker, and hunting is more interesting. Personally, I'd be satisfied with just the boss monsters reappearing. XD Those were always fun to take on.

Also, I don't think stalking prey would be impossible. Making it as involved as actual hunting, or some such, yeah, that's really difficult. But at least making it so we can sneak up on prey from behind would be good. And they couldn't see us if we were in a patch of long grass or behind a rock. Otherwise, they'd see us an run. I think that would be much more entertaining than the auto-chase. ^_^
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!