Author Topic: Game stops responding when I switch monitors? - Solved -  (Read 598 times)

Offline TsWasHere

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Game stops responding when I switch monitors? - Solved -
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »
Hi, just recently I had an issue with FeralHeart where I had to change my rendering subsystem because my in-game chat box was transparent. That fixed that problem, but now, when I try to move my FeralHeart window over to my second monitor, for multi character purposes, it freezes, and stops responding? It sometimes even goes as far as to stop working. I never had this issue before, so I take it that its due to switching the rendering subsystem? But if I switch it back, my chat box will be transparent again.

Any tips?

Thanks for your time and patience <3

Forgot to add that the rendering subsystem I am using now is Direct3D9.

- Solved? -

For goofs and gaffs, I decided to slowly move it over to my second monitor. It kept freezing, but since I took it really slow, it finally moved over to the other monitor, and is working..? lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:29:02 pm by TsWasHere »

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Game stops responding when I switch monitors? - Solved -
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:34:54 pm »
Ah, the reason is probably because y'er game and computer can't take the sudden change of a running application being scooted over to a different screen so suddenly. It's trying to load the entire application at once instead of loading the game as 'twould when on the other screen. I believe Direct is the better subsystem, so it could just be harder to load the program.

Anyhoo, glad ye got it fixed. Feel free to ask anymore questions if ye 'ave any.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Game stops responding when I switch monitors? - Solved -
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 08:22:30 pm »
Locking this as the problem was solved c: Feel free to let us know if anything else goes wrong!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.