Author Topic: (PROBLEM WITH VISUALS?) Updating your graphic cards drivers!  (Read 57869 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: (PROBLEM WITH VISUALS?) Updating your graphic cards drivers!
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »
Well, to be really honest, alot of things seem to be wierd there since you actually don't see some things at all, you don't even see shades of the trees or other meshes, In your case I'd actually try to redownload the game installer again and try if it works better since nothing can happen when doing this.

Thing is though that you're using Intel onboards graphics, and those aren't exactly the top notch. The last patch were meant to help so it would run on more systems using these, but it might not still be able to work on yours.

The tut here was mainly for computers that use nvidia and amd ati cards.

I'm not too fond when it comes to the intel drivers, or how old your system is for that fact. But if you know the manufacturer for your computer and the name for your graphic chipset you could probably google your way to some answers and see if there's new drivers for your computer, but in some cases it doesn't change much and maybe you'll still have the same problem, but ofcourse, might work.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Shadowfoot

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:16 pm »
Red: Well, I can start searching for some answers if re-downloading the game doesn't change anything.  I've had similar problems with other games, so it's most likely my driver.  Thank you for the help, though!  :)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2011, 11:17:50 pm »
arr... Well, how old is your computer? And have you tried installing new drivers for it?

If you got the exact name and series of your computer, and also the full name of the graphics card, I can try too look atleast.

Offline Cynder-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • IMMA FIRIN MAH LAAZZAARRDAFGNADJFADG
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 11:25:36 pm »
I did this exactly as it said to do. But when I open Feralheart, the water still doesn't show up and my colors are not right. Any help, please?

Shadowfoot

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 11:55:05 pm »
Red:  It's a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, version L455-S5975, about 1-2 years old.  The full graphics card name is: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.  I also found out that my current driver was installed August 2009, so yeah, it's definately time for me to install a new one.  I'll continue looking, too, just in case there is something out there that can help.

slycan

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2011, 06:25:10 am »
I did this exactly as it said to do. But when I open Feralheart, the water still doesn't show up and my colors are not right. Any help, please?
Means it's time to buy a new graphics card ^^

Offline rapidash

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2011, 06:01:02 pm »
I've tried everything to fix my ogre exception but it wouldn't work. I think I need a graphic card since I don't have one. You see, last time I tried to fix feral hearts I removed my graphic card in the process.  I'm kinda angry at myself for that. :|

Taurus_ShadowViper

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2011, 02:39:11 am »
It seems like I'm having trouble as others have said above :/ My operating system is (32 bit) and my video card driver is: NVIDIA GeForced4 MX 420. Well I have a saved file along my desktop, when you said before we install that we have to un-install the older files...well, when you said to go to: "control panel" then "Programs and Features" yeah one problem...I can't seem to find this: "Programs and Features" file anywhere in my control panel...:/ So how am I going to un-install them now? plus I keep trying to re-install the game, un-installing it and trying to make it work, nothing seems to happen still, I keep getting those errors explained in the Help forum. and a lot of those errors are unknown.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2011, 03:12:12 am »
Well, one of the reasons for it not working could be because that card is as old as from 2003 if not more. There's a gap of almost 8 years here, so it might not be able to run Feralheart properly.

Why you aren't finding programs and functions is probably because you're using XP and not vista/7. I think you need to navigate slightly different in the control panel to find it. Instead of programs and functions, try to find "Add or Remove Programs." instead. It should be the same thing.

I'm not sure it would work if you did though, cause I think someone else using the same series of that card having a lot of problems, but also the game being all red green and blue once it did work.

Taurus_ShadowViper

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2011, 12:18:30 pm »
My first username" SpecialK42293" worked perfectly when I first downloaded and successfully installed the game....after about 2 1/2 weeks, just ther other night I opened a second window which gave me that error, the most common ones, and so on and so forth.

I'm not really sure about our computers history, maybe it had trouble in the past with these graphic/video drives. But like all of a sudden it has an error. After I been playing for half a month. I liked it so much, that I tried it on another computer, it does the same thing :/ and this computer is different from others I have seen... when I boot it up it comes to something called: Ubuntu" Cyber Power Gaming Development. I don't know much about it but it doesn't even let me play it eitherO.o