Author Topic: Map, Marking and Presets are not working when I make them...  (Read 1824 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Map, Marking and Presets are not working when I make them...
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:41:30 am »
I've been having some trouble making maps, personal marking, and presets... When I put in the height map in the map maker, it stops responding and crashes my game, markings that I made will show up in the select marking menu, put when I click it, nothing happens! And presets just become mean when they don't even bother to show up at all... So if anyone knows how to make these and it works for everyone, please post something to help me! Also, I only have GIMP 2, so no photo show (or any other map/marking/preset/picture maker...) related post  >:(

Thanks for reading! Sorry if this was already asked for help on the bored, but I've tried a ton of things and nothing has worked! Thanks again!  :D

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Map, Marking and Presets are not working when I make them...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:44:07 am »
I saw I made a few typos...
BUT when I click it, not put...
and Photo SHOP... Sorry for that...

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
Have you tried looking at tutorials? They might be able to answer your question hun. And being mean, what do you mean by this? What is the preset/map/marking doing? I will list some tutorials below for ya to look at c:

Preset Making: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=47969.0 (Part C has making a preset in it)
Marking Making: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=7984.0
Map Making Tips: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=33 (Scroll till you find Map Making)

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:09 am »
I've looked at tons of videos of successful people, but when I do it, it always fails... I'll look at those and tell you if they worked :3 And to your other thing about what they are doing (the presets/maps/markings) is being glitchy! The presets won't show up in the preset menu, the markings will be in the select marking menu, but won't show on my characters, and the height maps crash my game when I put them in!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 05:32:35 pm »
The presets won't show up in the preset menu, the markings will be in the select marking menu, but won't show on my characters, and the height maps crash my game when I put them in!

Preset trouble- Review your preset's files. Are they saved as the correct file type? Do their files names match their names in the material files coding? Review your preset's material file and it's coding closely. Often issues with presets are due to issues with the material file and coding there.

Marking trouble- Chances are that you're not including an alpha channel somewhere or you're working in multiple layers. Double check your files for this. Also be sure to be including the proper coding for your markings in your markings.cfg file in your main Feral Heart folder.

Map trouble- There can be a number of reasons why a map doesn't load right or crashes the game. Here are a few things you should check.
-Height map should be grey scale
-Mask should be RGB
-Dimensions should be  513 x 513
- No alpha channels should be included in the images so be sure to remove them if they have them
- No multiple layers
- Be sure that the map files are saved as the correct file type (PNG)
- Be sure that the map file names are written correctly when you attempt to load them into the game. Names written into the map maker should match their file names if you wish to load them in.

The tutorials that Whisper provided you are quite thorough and should help as well. If you continue to encounter problems feel free to contact us again and we will do what we can to help you further.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:35:17 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 04:10:37 am »
I found a person that made working tutorials for me, thanks for sending me links and help for doing these!