Author Topic: Objects into items?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Objects into items?
« on: July 20, 2015, 03:29:24 am »
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if it is possible to make items for your character with meshes/materials from objects into items for you characters without using a 3D model maker? please post a tutorial below if you know how! In result, I'll be able to make a Plsuhies-In-Your-Paw item pack! Thanks for listening.  :)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Objects into items?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:48:53 am »
Of course you can, if I understand what you're asking correctly! You can only do this for singular mesh files though, not objects put together to form new objects or something like that.

Just go into your Feralheart folder and open up items.cfg with Notepad or a similar program. Go towards the end of it and copy one of the item codes and paste it.

Change the name that is in the [ ] to whatever you want it to be called. Change the mesh that is after mesh= to whatever mesh you want it to be. Change material= to the name of the material. (If that isn't there, add material= under mesh=.

I don't know how to make items using the codes and stuff below that, so you'll have to find another tutorial on that.

(Sorry that it says Oak Tree, I changed it halfway through)

This was a bit rushed, so sorry that it doesn't make sense! I can provide a more detailed tutorial if you want.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:43:14 pm »
Just adding on to Turtlex's post.

It certainly is possible however the down side to this, I find, is that you're not able to resize any meshes. Also with the items.cfg file, you may want to edit the one in the Feralheart >> Media >> Items folder as well as the one in the main folder.

Regarding the coding, it's mainly to rotate and position the item so it fits the character. You may find this tutorial helpful.

Good luck! :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:18:03 pm »
Dang, because I was using the KI Cortana (Sorry if misspelled) object pack 1 and 2 for plushies, which is made by tons of different objects, resized and re-textured to look like plushies. If I put the meshes and materials used and copy them into my items file, will that work? I also now want to try single mesh items, it sound fun to walk around with I giant tree on your back! XD

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:32 am »
Dang, because I was using the KI Cortana (Sorry if misspelled) object pack 1 and 2 for plushies, which is made by tons of different objects, resized and re-textured to look like plushies. If I put the meshes and materials used and copy them into my items file, will that work? I also now want to try single mesh items, it sound fun to walk around with I giant tree on your back! XD

Yes, you can use any mesh and material to make items with, it'll just remain the exact same size as when you first see it in Object Maker. All you have to do is place them in the Items folder and then edit the items.cfg files, such as in Turtlex's post. If you look at the items already listed, it's pretty easy to figure out, you just need the mesh name and then just edit the coordinates and body part you want the item attached to.

You only need to add a material to the code if you want to use the same mesh, just a different texture. So a rock mesh with maybe a waterfall texture.

For example, a tree item, I would add a new part for it:

[Tree Item]
mesh=oakTree.mesh
bone=Main
*coordinates*

No need to add a material part to it. You can use the tutorial I linked in my previous post to help with the positioning of the item.

I hope that makes sense and isn't too confusing :3
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:00:40 pm »
I've tried a ton of things but nothing worked, and I did but the meshes and materials in the items file. I'll try more stuff, is it still because I have a item that uses more then one mesh or something else?

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:41 pm »
LOL, I finally got the item to "show up" but it looks like a giant egg on my paw, XD