Author Topic: ALSO FIXED, PLEASE LOCK  (Read 597 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
ALSO FIXED, PLEASE LOCK
« on: September 21, 2019, 02:08:28 am »
I'm really sorry about this but I don't understand exactly what I've done.

I've been working on a map for months, pre source code update actually, so I've been working on it in an older version of the game. I settled on being done with it more or less tonight, and went to test the exported map in the latest version, only for half or so of the objects to be missing.

I've read that you can't add to the object groups that the game comes with, but it's objects that show up in one place, but not another? Almost as if it's based on time rather than the object/object group as a whole?

I'm sorry if this is scattered or something, I'm just annoyed about this, but I have some screenshots to show what I'm saying, and I'm willing to do something like screenshare on Discord.

This is testing the map in the old version. I have a stone arch with flowers around it (plus a tree a bit off to the side which also doesn't show up)

In the latest version and on the actual exported map on the server though, there's nothing, and all the flowers and glow were simply retextures of objects that come with the game, but saved to another object group. I also put at least the flower texture in the my_objects folder, as well as the object group that it's in in the objects folder.

But, in the latest version, the exact same object is here in another part.

Here is the old version test screenshot as well.

There are rocks, trees, etc missing too. I can send more comparisons if needed, or as I said earlier, screenshare.

Sorry if I just missed something or did something wrong and I'm just dumb. >.<

EDIT: This was actually caused from having an older version of the map in the Terrains folder, like when your making your own map. Since I was moving it from version/game file A to version/game file B to continue editing it sometime in the past, even though it didn't work out as I thought it would, I still kept the folders. After deleting them, it started showing the newly added objects and stopped a crashing problem and duplicate portal/map issue.

In short, check if your map's files in the Terrains folder is properly updated or delete them.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:29:02 pm by A.P.S. »