Author Topic: Creative Den ideas (Multiplayer Map Making and Material Maker)  (Read 1887 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Creative Den ideas (Multiplayer Map Making and Material Maker)
« on: January 31, 2020, 10:10:10 pm »
A few concepts I wanted to make my own post about as I don't think I have done so yet and have some new thoughts! ^v^

Multiplayer Map Maker

Up to 5 or so people would be able to collaborate on a single map. One person hosts it and the map is under their name with the highest permissions.

• When someone decides to start the map project, they can make a new map or load up one they've been working on. All they have to do is go into the map maker, click something to go into a multiplayer mode, log in, have an option to host a map, and then give a code out to any users who want to help. All a joining person has to do is go into the map maker, click the multiplayer mode button, log in, have an option to join a map, and then put in the code they were given.
  • OR users could invite people from their friend list. This may be a lot simpler for people.
  • Joiners will automatically download any files within the host's my_objects folders upon joining so everything is compatible. Joiners cannot use their own objects if the host does not have them.
  • The host could set permissions, but by default (or if it's impossible to allow the host to set permissions):
- Joiners would not be able to save the map to their own PC, only the host can save and export.
- A way to set an object as "Is Important" so the joiners cannot move, rotate, resize, or delete it.
- Basically any Map tab and World tab settings are forbidden to joiners, only the host.
- They cannot change the portal destination or add a portal.
- Joiners CAN add/move/resize/delete normal objects.

Material Maker

An easier way of making .Materials in game.

• Users put in a texture/image and can edit from there:
    - Can select for transparency.
    - Can add movement like a lot of tree leaves have.
    - Can also add the pulsing "glow" movement.
    - Also I think there's a scroll animation?
  • Possibly an extension of the Object Maker (like Effect Maker is) instead of it's own whole thing.
  • Can be exported once finished into my_objects as your own material to use much quicker in the Object Maker without having to restart.
  • Maybe even a fancy opacity and hue slider?
  • Option to repeat texture so it shows up finer on meshes.
  • Ability to choose what mesh to test the Material on by either selecting an already saved object or putting in the mesh name.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:28:09 am by A.P.S. »

SpicyDirt

Re: Creative Den ideas (Multiplayer Map Making and Material Maker)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 02:50:14 am »
AHH THE MAPMAKER WITH 5 PEOPLE WOULD BE AMAZING!!! It is so easy to get burnt out with maps so having backup people to work on the maps also would be absolutely amazing! The only issue is that would be quite difficult to script. I love it though!

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 03:43:31 am »
AHH THE MAPMAKER WITH 5 PEOPLE WOULD BE AMAZING!!! It is so easy to get burnt out with maps so having backup people to work on the maps also would be absolutely amazing! The only issue is that would be quite difficult to script. I love it though!

YEEE it can take such a long time to get just one map done, so the extra help or being able to release creative energy without having to be the main person holding it up would be really nice.

But it'd be a big challenge and I don't want it to be too hard of a project to get done. I don't know how easy it is to make a secondary login system, how well the multiplayer aspect of it would play out, and if 5 is too much or if there's no real need for a limit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:46:30 am by A.P.S. »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 12:05:42 pm »
@ these wonderful ideas

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 08:51:06 pm »
I agree with most people here about it - While, should that be possible, it would be a great idea, all the same it would be something difficult to add.
There is only so much the Map Maker can currently handle - And that being in it's normal, single-player state. I'm highly in for it if it gets a proper polishment and fixing though!

l3irdie

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 10:48:41 pm »
I actually do like the idea of multiplayer map making, almost sounds competitive lol