Author Topic: Crashing when entering Map Maker (Solved!)  (Read 1040 times)

Offline xflinch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • " Sometimes, you've got to jump to conclusions, "
    • OverlyReactive
    • OverlyReactive
    • Teahsu
    • View Profile
    • Send me a Note to Contact me.
Crashing when entering Map Maker (Solved!)
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:30 pm »
Everytime I attempt to start up the Map Maker after downloading a texture pack, the game will freeze and immediately start 'Not Responding' without even going to the screen where the map maker tools is shown. I wasn't going to report it, but I've been wanting to create a map for a world which my friend and I created. The 'Not Responding' became a road block, which I've tried to surpass by leaving the map maker alone and trying to click on it again, but it will always freeze and not respond.

- Before anyone asks.. No, none of the particles are duplicated.
[/u][/u][/s]

Thank you guys for answering and linking to back-ups in the comments. ^^ Will be sure to add the links somewhere just in case it happens again.
[/color]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:11:44 am by MiniLadd »
"We are the travelers, we look to the everafter
We are the strangers, we practically endangered
We know these roads here, they never seem to bode well
This our predicament and we ain’t even sick of it,"

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Crashing when entering Map Maker
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:51:56 pm »
Uninstall the texture pack and see if the crashing persists. From there, we will be able to pinpoint what's crashing you (in case it doesn't happen to be the texture pack) and possible solution/s for it later
Farewell everyone<3

Offline xflinch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • " Sometimes, you've got to jump to conclusions, "
    • OverlyReactive
    • OverlyReactive
    • Teahsu
    • View Profile
    • Send me a Note to Contact me.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:30:33 pm »
Uninstall the texture pack and see if the crashing persists. From there, we will be able to pinpoint what's crashing you (in case it doesn't happen to be the texture pack) and possible solution/s for it later

Only reason why I have not yet tried it is due to the fact that I didn't save the original textures for the game, and if there is a download for the original map textures that came with the update then I have no idea were they could possibly be... Though, thank you. I may try redownloading it soon while I still have the time.
"We are the travelers, we look to the everafter
We are the strangers, we practically endangered
We know these roads here, they never seem to bode well
This our predicament and we ain’t even sick of it,"

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 09:55:34 pm »
If the issue persists after obtaining the original textures then it could possibly be this:

Go to FeralHeart > media > terrains.
Does the temp.map file exist? Is there an error inside it? Either of those will cause the exact issue you are experiencing and you might need to obtain a backup file of it when it worked.
Here is a link to one I uploaded: https://www.mediafire.com/file/824idp8ito8y684/temp.map
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 10:58:15 pm »
Only reason why I have not yet tried it is due to the fact that I didn't save the original textures for the game, and if there is a download for the original map textures that came with the update then I have no idea were they could possibly be... Though, thank you. I may try redownloading it soon while I still have the time.

I'm not sure if you are referring to terrain textures (the ground textures) or other textures. Either way, look here: >Bawfle's Back up Default FeralHeart Folder Downloads<

That thread contains separate downloads for each of the individual FeralHeart folders. If you need your terrain textures replaced, download the folder that says "terrains". If you need other textures replaced, i'd recommend the "textures" folder download.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.