Author Topic: <|~|> The Left Ones <|~|> Mature&Realistic Dog&Cat Apocalypse  (Read 28911 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: <|~|> The Left Ones <|~|> Mature&Realistic Dog&Cat Apocalypse
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2015, 04:15:07 pm »

Hobson

"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says I survived."

The large male had been resting in an abandoned, battered building nearer to the outskirts of the city. So far everything seemed quiet, his earlier patrol leaving nothing else for him to do. For days now the Mastiff mix had been watching over members of the city, all not knowing him or that he was there, but he head overheard their name and conversations. Hobson had been known as the 'Protector' and some would call him 'Ghost' few were to witness his presence, and even fewer have managed to have a conversation with him. He isn't one to stop and chat, nor one that will be willing to join a group - he is a lone wolf, there to protect those whom have been left behind. Although, despite his ignorant appearing attitude, he'd be more than happy to answer questions if one wasn't too afraid to approach him and actually ask him a meaningful question. For now though, he'd remain in the shadows, watching over each member of the city. Hobson never really remained in one place, unless he was having a quick nap, he was actually always on the move. Everyone feared the beasts, but the beasts seemed to fear him. Sheer muscle he was made up of and an attitude to kill; a true protector to Queton City and its remaining inhabitants.

Many minutes had passed and a sudden raucous caught the canines attention; echoing barks, growls, gargles and yelps echoed through the streets and caught the large males attention. Duty called once more. Although a fight or attack didn't break out every second, he'd often go out and kill the beasts for fun, hoping to put them down in numbers. But the city seemed full of them, lands far and wide even inhabited these creatures, Queton being the main one because of its high pet population. An easy meal for these mutants. Hob didn't have time to think though, the fight had already progressed far enough, the last thing he wanted was any un-infected creatures being killed. Letting out a deep, low growl the large, dark pelted Mastiff hurled himself up off of his stomach and on to his paws, giving his pelt a quick shake he'd set off. Remaining inside the buildings, he'd enter each by small gaps, doors and windows which would allow him to be unseen. Just how he liked it. Broad paws thudded at the ground as the rhino like hound hurried onward, his stumped tail pointed out and his ears flattened, heavy chains bouncing on the canines neck, before coming to a sudden stop. Remaining in the shadows Hobson watched, a small group seemed to have found themselves in a situation with the mutants. But it seemed alright. A malinois and one of the mutants, as well as a pup, and two felines, one of the mutants already appeared dead. Quite interesting he'd think to himself before slinking off in to the shadows. Hearing out their plan, he'd nod his head; before all set off.

Leaving the pup and the two felines be, seeing as their run back was short, Hobson had set off after the injured canine which seemed to have two mutants hot on her tail. Grunting, the large male leapt out of the building and charged across the street, darting in to a near by alley he'd listen and smell carefully, managing to follow the female closely, his huge frame just managing to fit through small gaps he'd need to force himself through. Noticing the female had been leading the creatures in a circle, he allowed a low growl to emit from his maw. Slowing down his pace, he'd leap out of one of the alley entrances, barrelling in to one of the mutants. Pinning the beast down Hob would use all his weight to hold the smaller of the creatures down, wincing at a few nips he'd receive before landing a painful bite to the creatures neck, violently thrashing to and fro before the body remained still. One down, another to do. Turning, the beast would hurry out of the alley, heading back to the main street he'd watch from afar as the female vanished down the street the trio had went down before. Not too long after the mutant seemed to lurk in the street a short while, slightly confused as to what had happened and were the trail had led him. Before it slowly turned towards the street, it's body tensed and bones poking out, its large paws dragging across the ground. Shaking his head Hobson would make his way through an alley, soon popping out in front of the mutant. The creature appeared somewhat confused as it shuffled back, growling slightly before crouching down in a defensive yet frightened stance. Curling back his lips, saliva would fall to the ground, hackles raised and muscles tensed, slowly Hobson would stalk forward, a sinister look in his eyes. Growling, he'd lung forward, only to smirk with amusement as the smaller creature yelped and ran off up the street; he was rather well known to the creatures in the city.

--------

A lot of time had passed and Hobson had made his way in to yet another dark, damp building. Everything was dark and barren, his dark pelt allowing him to go unnoticed which was a bonus for him. Many thoughts still ran through the protectors head though; Why had the humans left them? Were they supposed to find a cure or something? Hobson knew that most of the dogs and cats were immune to the virus and few would get infected, but why leave them alone? Surely the humans, or a few of them could have stayed to carry out tests. At least it would have been something, even pets were left; something which seemed to annoy him. The amount of pups and kittens he'd seen wondering alone, many had already been mauled. Protecting the city and its inhabitants was hard for the lone warrior. However he wasn't one to complain nor quit, he'd tried his best since day one and he wouldn't stop until his heart stopped beating; until he turned as cold as the slabs beneath his paws. Letting out a huff, the large masculine would make his way up a small set of crooked stairs, which creaked beneath the brutes mass. Reaching the top floor, he'd look around, before pushing open a door which lead him to a small balcony which overlooked the city, just a small bit though. Letting out a huff the male would set himself on his haunches, looking over the small, stone fence.

Once again the streets were bare, nothing below but the odd feline which would dart across the street, later followed by a canine; all mutants and some even sane creatures. None appearing dangered so far. In the silence, the skies above roared, a small drop of water hitting the canines snout causing him to look up "A storms brewing..." he'd speak quietly. The clouds had turned grey and the sky was now a dark blue/black colour. The rain and wind was yet to start, only warning thunders had sounded and the odd droplet had fallen from the sky. In a matter of minutes the weather would have completely changed.

(That's perfectly alright.
Also, Hobson is the dog from the recording, which you can see on the first two posts I believe. His application also describes him in greater depth. I've had to post more as he hasn't been posted for in a while, or at all, so I done it from Dacis fight and onward.)
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline Mxter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2015, 06:40:30 pm »
    Hobson is quite a character! Very mysterious.
    Anyway, I'm just waiting for Lourdis to post for Ilirhaeya.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2015, 07:14:45 pm »

Heh thankies, just how I wanted him to be. ^_^
I'm sure she'd post soon, I guess until then the rp is on standby.
DA Account

Offline Mxter

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2015, 07:12:57 am »
    I've managed to get another reliable Internet connection, so that when Lourdis posts, I can be sure to reply.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2015, 03:33:10 pm »

{I don't think she's going to post anytime soon, you may if you wish?}
DA Account

Offline Mxter

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2015, 05:18:37 pm »
    I wouldn't have anyone to interact with. Maybe you could post first?

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2015, 09:26:26 pm »

{For Daci and Reima? Or you could post and I'd allow you to have a run in with Hob?}
DA Account

Offline Mxter

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2015, 06:54:48 am »
Either would be great. Which one do you want post as?

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2015, 01:07:37 pm »

{Well Hob hasn't been posted for much, I guess I'll post with him until Felix returns. Once you set off and such in your post, I'll post for Hobson.}

DA Account

DreamerDay

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2015, 02:29:42 pm »
I'm open if wants to join my character...)