Author Topic: Your Opinion on Windows 8?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
Your Opinion on Windows 8?
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:04:30 pm »
So if you haven't heard already, Windows 8 has been here a while and apparently some people aren't too happy about it...

I personally LOVE Windows 8; learning how to navigate through the Start Home, applications, and all that new stuff was easy as well. Not to mention the fact that it works for tablets. I guess people aren't like me and have had some trouble with Windows 8 saying it's too difficult and hard to understand...I can understand that, it's totally different from previous Windows anyway.

So what do you guys think? Love it? Hate it? I just want to know :3

(I think I put this in the right place o-o idk.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:06:19 pm by DevilBurgers »

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion on Windows 8?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 06:27:07 pm »
My brother has a Windows 8, and I used to not like it. But it's not bad, really. Can get a little confusing, but you can get used to it since he did. I never get on it (he doesn't let anyone on it) but I can't say I don't hate it exactly, nor do I exactly love it. But I'm just a Windows 7 person, really.

Looks pretty confusing to me, too, but at least my brother is happy. xD I don't really have much of an opinion on Windows 8, I guess. Though, yes, it is a little too different to me..

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 12:46:59 am »
I use a windows 7 and a windows 8 laptop, and I personally like the Windows 7 one better. Not sure why, maybe because I'm better at navigating through it. x'D I still sometimes forget where I turn off the Windows 8 one... I mostly don't like Windows 8 because the main screen when you turn it on. I personally like the desktop much better, and yes, I know there is still a desktop but it's not the same, especially because the start bar at the bottom left hand corner is gone. :/
On Windows 8, I still currently don't know where some of the simplest things are, but on my Windows 7, I know that computer like the back of my hand.

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:09:59 am »
So I guess it is kind of difficult to you guys ._. Is it really THAT confusing? I had no trouble with it at all.
But that's just me I guess. I aslo have another question:

What about Windows 8 phones and tablets? Those devices don't have a desktop, so it's probably different as well.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:53:10 pm »
Well the missing Start button makes the shutting off harder... I have such a lazy butt to press the button, go on settings and finally shut it off :(
I really don't like it. Windows 7 is better... I didn't like the designs of W8... well everyone has their own opinions
I heard there was a mod for Start button and to remove these square windows but i'm not sure

In-game name as: Whinp

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 05:34:46 pm »
I haven't used windows 8 that much, but i can say that Windows 8 came with improved internal functions (APIs), more security fixes (and annoyances), new interface (and adds), and it just uses about the same amount of memory than windows 7.

In the other hand and what bothers me more on every windows version change is the compatibility for older programs,when i saw my own game stoped working and i was like: "wtf with windows 8", and when i saw what i needed to do to make it to work again i got mad.
My expensive engineering programs needs to be repurchased, or upgraded ($$$) just to work on that.

I hardly get used to the new interface because i get troubles to find what i want, but its just matters of time to get used to it.

The file explorer really STINKS A LOT compared to windows XP, since windows vista they are going backwards on each windows version on the file explorer.

Sorry but I stay on my old windows version until i see its worth to change :P

conclusion:
For common users windows 8 will be great, but for engineers, and computer nerds: "omg windows you stink more each day".

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 05:39:52 pm »
Well I use my Windows 8 mostly all the time now, really, for me its the fastest computer I have had in a while. I can play games a little easier, although there are some games that have problems running. Personally I do like my Windows 8, and as I have been on Windows 7 they are both good for me.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline JBRWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Smile Always :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »
I use windows 8, it isn't too bad. I have actually got used to it now and I sometimes even find myself going to the corners of the screen when I'm on the school computers(they're windows 7). Once you get used to it, it isn't that bad, I actually kind of find it the same as windows 7 and I like playing some of the windows 8 metro app games. However one thing I hate about windows 8 is how glitchy it is, it is really glitchy and I've had to restart my computer loads of times because of windows 8 glitching up on stuff like the search bar.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:22:04 pm by JBR »