Poll

Do you like the the new Cartoonnetwork Series and think they should stay?

Yes
No, I miss the old shows
Yes I like them but think they should be moved to a different channel
Who cares

Author Topic: The new Cartoonnetwork Series  (Read 11662 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
The new Cartoonnetwork Series
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:17:45 am »
Okay, no matter how old we get we still have our own little favorite cartoon shows. Mine was, and still is, 'Courage the Cowardly Dog'! Well, I know some of you out there, like me, remember the shows we watched(and may still watch) on Cartoonnetwork, like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Dexter's Labratory, ect.

Well, they have now officially ruined Cartoonnetwork, at least in my opinion. They have gotten rid of the old shows, and replaced them with horrible ones. I think this began somewhere when 'Chowder' became a show. It wasn't so bad at first but it began to get worse. How are these shows bad? Well, mostly they have made them 'disgusting', thinking it would be funny but really its just disturbing. Also, in some of the newer ones, they have made the Cartoonnetwork characters use inappropriate words, like 'sucks'. Thats the worse I've heard so far, thankfully, but I'm worried they may add in more. I use this word myself and have heard others use it, and I don't really care. However, kids around the age of five watch Cartoonnetwork. Hearing a word like that from their cartoon friends and they'll think its fine to say it. Soon you'll have a little child drinking his/her little juice box and then hear them say, "This juice sucks!" Yeah, not so adorable.

I like some of the shows, like 'Total Drama Island', 'Adventure Time', and such, but I really think they should be moved to a different channel, or something.

Anyone else agree? >. >

The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: The new Cartoonnetwork Series
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:29:06 am »
*Rolls on floor puking head off*

Seriously, some of the stuff they have on CN now really stinks. I think it went down hill after they removed adult swim and that other thing with the robot thing hosting or whatever. I miss all the old shows, they were hilarious.
In all honesty, they could be just as disgusting as todays shows, but they did ity better! They didn't go too far, they knew when the timing was right, and they weren't disgusting to be disgusting, but a disgusting sort of funny that hit all the right spots!
Shows have just gone downhill....

(I only watched the adult swim session for the night filled with anime, but now that adult swim moved to the comedy chanel they don't do the anime mania night thing any more... BOO!)

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 04:39:44 am »
I know right? Dx I watched adult swim as well. But when they did disgusting, they did disgusting well! You know what I think the problem is? Or at least one of them? They're trying to hard to to make the newer shows funny.

I also think they highered some high struck teen to take over CN.
The Hobbit

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »
CN  shows nothing but crappy shows now a days. The only thing I'll watch is the old classics and Adult Swim.

Cartoon Network, you have failed...epically.

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:55:50 pm »
Agreed -_- I'm just thankful that Courage the Cowardly Dog is still coming on O_O

The worse thing that happened though was when they canceled all of my saturday night cartoons DX It was when they aired Naruto, Bo-bo, Zach Bell, and so on. I always looked forward to them and loved to watch them but then they began to cancel them one by one, till only Naruto was left, and then they just stopped showing them completely x_x It was my anime paradise! Dx
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:57:45 pm by Raven »
The Hobbit

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:03:51 pm »
Oh gosh. I could go on forever about this. I miss the old CN. </3 Now it's just filled with horrid bad TV shows that are weird and gross and should never have been aired. Run on much? Oh well. It was needed.
But yeah, I miss the shows like Foster, Camp Lazlo, Courage (still on somtimes though), Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, etc. Those were the good shows. D:

Adult swim is still on CN. xD It starts at 9pm every weeknight. Not sure if it's the same though as before. Never watched it when I was younger.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:07:51 pm »
I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking this xD Thanks for the support guys!

I remember once talking to a friend about this, and he actual considered about sewing the CN company for this. I was too actually xD But ya know, it was all really just talk. But still, I wish we could get them to show the classics again, or at least air better shows -_-
The Hobbit

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 03:35:58 am »
Adult swim is still on? I've never seen it on, but I do know that they have different programing for different areas, because I've seen channels celebrating Australia day, and I doubt America celebrates Australia day XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 03:54:30 am »
xD Haha. Yeah, they still air adult swim here, though it'll show King of the Hill first, then American dad, Family Guy, and then Robot Chicken. They show more than that of course but thats as far as I go haha. Oh, and of course the new series, 'God, The Devil, and Bob'. I love that series x3 But had to miss the last three shows :c
The Hobbit

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 11:09:48 pm »
(poke)
The Hobbit