Poll

Do you like the the new Cartoonnetwork Series and think they should stay?

Yes
No, I miss the old shows
Yes I like them but think they should be moved to a different channel
Who cares

Author Topic: The new Cartoonnetwork Series  (Read 11757 times)

Please

Re: The new Cartoonnetwork Series
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 03:02:29 am »
i heard that dbzkai sucked my older bro told me |D *he's a dbz fanatic* i also love hamtaro :3

though i've not seen the regular show*sounds a bit odd X3* but i love adventure time <3 hehe

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 03:25:50 am »
DBZ kai is just a repolished version of the old series. They made it look more up to date and threw out some voices and replaced them with new ones. Thankfully the important people's voices so far like Vegeta and Goku are still the same. However, Gohan sounds like a little whiney brat. Not that he didnt sound like that before. It was better in the older version. >.<

I think they cut out small parts too. Im not entirely sure but whatever.

I do miss the old DBZ. Kai is useless and tedious to me.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 05:00:38 am »
  Kai, like full metal alchemist: brotherhood, is a remake that follows the original manga more closely. So the story flows quicker, less fillers which I hate. They also removed damaged frames or something like that from what I've read. And they were unable to get some of the voices back so they had to replace them... Which is a shame. What's even more of a shame is the only places that are showing Kai have done some editting of their own and cut parts out that they don't like or something >.< Stupid tv channels...
But yeah, i prefer the shows that follow the manga more closely, all the added nonsense gets on my nerves sometimes...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »
I do like, however, Super Jail! for some reason XD But I think that some kids might sneak on at night and watch violent things from Super Jail! and possibly some of the other shows :/
Yay, another fan of the Warden and his Superjail. 8D

Kai, like full metal alchemist: brotherhood, is a remake that follows the original manga more closely.

Brotherhood follows the FMA manga, yes. They added back in Lin (sp?) and all the original stuff, but I've still ended up liking the first season better, for some reason. o.o

DBZ Kai in no way follows the manga more closely AT ALL. It's just a sissy version of the original DBZ - meaning that it's been subjected to 4kids-style-editing. (The only thing worse than 4-kids and their nazi editing is New-age Disney.) All they did was get rid of blood, clean up some of the animation, omit the swear words, and cut out most of the violence. Which... c'mon. This is DBZ we're talking about, violence/blood/steroids/screaming is what made the series so memorable.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:38:24 pm by Kerrigan »
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 06:40:02 pm »
  If you would have noticed, I did say after that, that the channels that are showing it also did their own editing, one channel has overdone the editing more than others, but the original Kai is what I was talking about, without kids channels censoring stuff.

What's even more of a shame is the only places that are showing Kai have done some editting of their own and cut parts out that they don't like or something >.< Stupid tv channels...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

drtranfan

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 07:31:21 pm »
i agree and the regular show made it terrible. the regular show uses sucks blows turd crap stuff like that its so terrible!
 Rest in peace toonami. and i bet none of you noticed that watch imaginary friends  bloo actually says p***** instead of peeved and his voice actor comfirmed it. But anyways, heres the downfalls of new shows
MAD: a child version of robot chicken. i have a 6 year old friend and shes terrified of it.
adventure time:TOO MANY FART JOKES X_X  and they use words labeled as innopropriate for kids ages 1 to10
regular show:Jg quintel  should move the show else where. and especially cause mordecai Actually says p*****. ugh e_o i had to turn off the tv for 20 minutes and replay it in my head to know that was it!
Dude what would happen: dont make me go there -_-
 cn went down to the core of the earth.
 the old cn was better. the new cn is a waste of time.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:17:36 am by G.I.R »

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:54 am »
Woah, way to many posts to read xD

Anyways, nice way of putting it Fan. But I never knew in Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Bloo actually says p*** O_O
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 03:25:05 am »
The intro to DBZKai is SO 4kids. "I will fight for love and glory"? REALLY? No. No no no no. No. DBZ's theme should NEVER say something so... so... childishly thought up...? I dont even know. I prefer the old DBZ over this new crap. Its catchy. But tis not for DBZ. The song is too uppity. DBZ is mainly buff dudes from earth fighting buff aliens from space. And its almost always serious. I mean, wtf.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 03:38:31 am »
I don't think I've seen the new DBZ O_o
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

drtranfan

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 03:41:09 am »
bloo says it katsa! ( dont look if immature :O )
( Ill delete it when she has seen)

bloo says "pissed"