Author Topic: Your Favorite Show(s)?  (Read 3587 times)

Gamble

Your Favorite Show(s)?
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:22:32 pm »
I'm just curious...

It can be cartoons, reality, game shows, anything.

My personal favorites consist of House, Bones, Lie To Me, and The X-Files.

House, my first time watching it, I wasn't impressed. I was irritated with House, I personally didn't like him at first, then over time I slowly began to like him. Now I must say I admire him. I don't like how they keep bouncing through their female doctors. I actually loved Thirteen and was sad to see her go.

Bones, I've seen every Bones episode, and in case you couldn't tell. I love that show. I love how there's always some sort of tension between characters and it holds me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. Every time Seely Booth is attracted to a woman that isn't Temperance Brennan I start screaming at the tv, 'Noooooooo bad Booth go to Bones go to her." I really hope one day those two actually get together. This show has actually inspired me to study Forensic Anthropology.

Lie To Me, yes, I guess you can say this show is still fairly new to Fox, but I've grown attached to this show. Tim Roth (Lightman) has a nice quirky personality, and who doesn't love the British accent? I admit, some of the shows are far-fetched, but others can be quite possible, and how they show you how to determine truth from lie is just the icing on the cake. You may not know it, but you actually start to see these facial reactions in people and it's really amazing what you learn from just watching this show.

I grew up with the X-Files and it remains close to me. I thought David Duchovny (Mulder) was 'pretty' when I was little. I also thought Gillian Anderson (Scully) was so fascinating. I didn't really like the show towards the end of the show, mainly because it just wasn't the same. Nonetheless, I still love the earlier shows and I still do watch them occasionally.

Grey's Anatomy is my guilty pleasure. The men on that show are like man candy, I can't get enough of it. Every now and again I'm not a huge fan of the show because it gets too dramatic, but they make an interesting plot that draws me back in again eventually.

Soooo, what are your favorite shows?

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Show(s)?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:21 pm »
Family guy, futurama, The simpsons, American dad, Robot chicken, Tosh.O, South Park. I could go on forever. Long story short, All stupid animation shows. I may be smart but i enjoy destroying my brain 30 minutes at a time! HAHA!!!
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • hasnt been on for 2 years wow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:48:35 am »
Lie to Me- Indeed, this is a really creative show, with light humor, and very interesting cases ^^

Scared Straight- I fairly recently got into this, because of the way the prisoners in jail are trying to make kids not in there. Some of the clips did freak me out, and I think it can be used to make kids better at life~ Support all the way!

Futurama- I am SO happy this is being added on to! Its just addicting to watch because of the animation, the awesome characters, and the sense of humor c:

One Piece- My all time favorite anime show. Its animation is much better than Dragon Ball Z etc. and its story is very convincing and makes you want to know more. Some of the characters you may want to strangle, which makes the personalities a kick :D

I might add more shows later, but its nice to see others liking some shows that you like ^^

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:06:22 am »
Courage the Cowardly Dog for sure! Grew up with that show x3

Ghost Whisper is another, though they canceled that one. The latter shows weren't the same, however, when they got rid of the blond haired guy who always helped Malinda (its been so long, I fogot his name and he was like my favorite character in the series). The later shows were okay, but were never the same. *SPOILOR ALERT* I especially hated the shows where they made Malinda's husband 'die' but come back by putting his soul into another dead body and have temporary memory loss.

Flash Foward, though that one was also canceled.

Anime shows for sure! Naruto, One Piece, Zach Bell, and Death Note for sure! Currently my favorite! Full Metal Alchemist is another. I have many more, and am about to start some other ones.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Gamble

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:49:33 pm »
I've watched a show of tosh.0, I would probably watch more if I were around when it was one. I'm normally studying for my classes when it comes on.

I love the cases they do on Lie To Me. Too bad they haven't had a new show in awhile. The last show was great in my opinion. I hope they are just taking a break and not canceling the show or anything.

Scared Straight sounds interesting, I've been meaning to watch it, just never got around to it.

I liked Courage the Cowardly Dog when I was younger, and what was it...The Grim Adventures of Billey and Mandy? I don't watch cartoon all that often, but occasionally I do see these shows on tv and I stop to watch them.

Errrrg there was a new Grey's Anatomy on last night, but I was falling asleep so I recorded it. Now I can't find my remote. I need my weekly dose of Slone, Avery, and Sheppard. They also left the show as a hang cliff on their last episode and I'm really curious to see what happened to Cali...

Liekos

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:49 am »
Vampire Diaries -  cause the boys are unbelievably sexy (to me) and yeah the story line is aweshum ^^

Gossipgirl - was addicted to that because of the drama, now it's just boring to me Dx

Pretty Little Liars - Because it's creepy and mysterious, gives me the chills at night 8D

Glee - Ima huge gleek.

Jersey Shore - Idk, i find it humorous to watch pimps and whores fight and go clubbing. Am i weird? o.O

Family Guy - LOVE THAT SHOW! Cause it's totally random.. and yeah, just fun to watch :3

American Dad - Not very different to family guy, love Rodger the homosexual alien :)

ANNNNDDDDDD ~

Sponge Bob - ALWAYS watched it when i was young, still do, sadly LOL. How could anyone say that they don't love Sponge Bob :')

JazzForLife

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 01:01:32 am »
OHYES, BONES <333
Really, I love almost any criminal show you'll come across.
My favortie, though is TOTALLY NCIS, NCIS: L.A., and Bones. They. Are. EPIC.
..I'm not obessed or anything ^^'
But seriously, glad to meet another Bones fan. -virtuallyhighfives-
(...and you're not the only one who yells at Booth through the T.V....)

drtranfan

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 02:06:22 am »
Family guy, futurama, The simpsons, American dad, Robot chicken,Dexters Labritory,Cow And Chicken, InvaderZIM,SpongeBob,House,Phineas and Ferb,Penguins of madagascar. Theres more but i dont wanna keep ya here till you die.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 02:09:59 am »
MLP. It's a very oddly addicting show, that's targeting people from ages 13 to 25 right now LMFAO.
'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:11:35 am by Gem »

Offline tofu

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • *Wiggly tongue*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:49:56 am »
Trigun, Bleach, X-play, Attack of the show, Sengoku basara, Fullmetal alchemist, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, Rob dyrdeks fantasy factory, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, -insert other gundam series that i forgot the name of here-, and finaly my most favorite out of all my favorite shows, Invader Zim