Author Topic: 2012  (Read 14259 times)

Offline canadianxbacon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I ran with scissors and lived!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 11:37:40 pm »
What? The world can't end in 2012, I have yogurt that expires in 2013!

[But seriously, I don't believe in it, and technically it would be a bit longer than next year, because our "death date" is sometime in December of 2012...anyway I'm confusing myself xD]
I do it on the bed, I do it on the couch, I do it in the car...texting is such an addiction

Offline DreamReaper

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 03:12:02 am »
Actually we have a little less than 2 years. The world is supposed to end on dec 21st, 2012. We will almost be in 2013. As for whether or not I think it's going to happen.... I would say in a way, yes. I'm going to bet that some sort of world war will break out. Now we all have mass weapons of destruction, so I'm ganna bet that we all end up killing each other over religion and politics and whatnot.

weylin

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 09:44:22 am »
I think the Mayans just figured "Ehh... that's pretty far ahead in the future, let's just leave it at that and add to it as needed. Sound good?"

They never did live to append the calendar.

TheSnalf

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 09:46:32 am »
Who knows. Who cares. If we die, we die. If we live,we live. If a mass breakout of the T-virus takes over the world and turns it into a dessert waste land filled with flesh eating zombies.....It was nice knowing ya. XD

Oh, Im curious if you guys believe in global warming.(since we're on this topic)

I personally don't. I mean really, think about how old the earth is and how much crap shes been through and their telling us that we're making her get all hot and bothered. She could squash us like the insignificant beings that we are. (figuratively speaking)

So nah, global warming is a bit ridiculous, I like to think of it as global changing. Just a natural part of the Earth and her changing mood swings. :p

weylin

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:49:53 am »
Well, I'm sure we have made a significant change, but I figure that it won't be a runaway chain reaction like they make it out to be. Usually climate changes are self regulating, or come and go in waves.

ashleyy

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 05:41:51 pm »
Zombie. Apocolypse.

Squidyly

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »
I watched the latest movie of 2012, but I don't think we are going to end that way. I woukd think that it would become extremley hot, and our bodies won't take it so we are gonna burn. Or millions of car-sized meteoriods are going to come down on us. But remember the meteriod belt and Jupiters gravitational pull, so.. eh.

Jackthecoolguy

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:06 pm »
I think it's just yet another load of crap that the media found and just keep on droning on about to make them selves money.

Kuma

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 06:25:56 pm »
People think that the world will end because the Mayan calendar ends. That's stupid. If the world ended when calendars ended, the world would end every year on December, 31.

What the Mayans actually believed is that this is the end of their calendar, and the beginning of a new, like the end of one year into another year. A change from one era into another.

Both the Hopis and Mayans recognize that we are approaching the end of a World Age... In both cases, however, the Hopi and Mayan elders do not prophesy that everything will come to an end. Rather, this is a time of transition from one World Age into another. The message they give concerns our making a choice of how we enter the future ahead. Our moving through with either resistance or acceptance will determine whether the transition will happen with cataclysmic changes or gradual peace and tranquility. The same theme can be found reflected in the prophecies of many other Native American visionaries from Black Elk to Sun Bear.
-Joseph Robert Jochmans

Jackthecoolguy

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 06:29:44 pm »
Exactly the point I was about to make.