Offline canadianxbacon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I ran with scissors and lived!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 01:26:52 am »
Why the Mayan calendar? What about the Julian calendar? When does that end? xP
I do it on the bed, I do it on the couch, I do it in the car...texting is such an addiction

Offline Sk8terpunk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ---xxx---
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 01:50:48 am »
Meh, I don't particularly beleive the world is going to end in 2012. o3o

I mean, really, what's going to happen? Is the world going to randomly combust? LOL

I honestly can't see happening it that way. Some say there's going to be a major Eclipse, and the world will go into another Iceage and kill off all human life, or the Ozone layer will kill us because of the growing hole from polution. XDDDD

Now, I beleive it to be highly unlikely. Has anyone seen the movie "Super Volcao"? About Yellowstone, and Ol' Faithful the geiser? Yellowstone is what they call a "Super Volcao", also known as a "Strato Volcano". And it's sitting ontop of a giant Caldera that is sensitive to changes around. And there has been sign of movement. Tectonic plates shifting. And Ol' Faithful isn't as faithful anymore. It's spewing of water and mist is delayed. This all caused by the tectonic plates shifting under it and blocking the passage of water.

ANYWAYS. If something manages to bother the Caldera, Yellowstone is sitting upon, Yellowstone Volcano is going to erupt and cause a week+ supereruption which is going to cover the world in volcanic ash, which is deadly. So they say. As the other volcanoes sitting upon Yellowstone National Park will be affected by the eruption, a chain reaction of sorts. 5 years ago the documentary based on actual facts. It was said to erupt in five years. But because Yellowstone is known for being 46,000+ years behind, people beleive it may happen sometime in late 2011 or early 2012.

But in the movie, there is still survival, people still live, so. XDDDD

It'll just be really cold for a few years after that happens. If it happens. No trying to scare anyone. It's an interesting movie. You can find all the parts on YouTube.

But yeah, just some theories about 2012 that I've learned about since the movie. I honestly don't beleive the world is just going to end. And I will be laughing at 12:01 on the 21'st of December, or the 22'nd of December when nothing happens. 8D

Kuma

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 04:30:39 am »
They also said computers were going to come alive and destroy all of our technology (and us) in 2000. Anyone remember Y2K?

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 05:22:56 am »
As long as that stupid stuff in the movie "2012" doesn't happen, I'll be fine with the world blowing up. =3='

But seriously. No way to tell what'll happen. But all sorts of predictions from various methods and sources point to something crucial happening in the year 2012.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 05:46:04 am »
They also said computers were going to come alive and destroy all of our technology (and us) in 2000. Anyone remember Y2K?
YES :D
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 12:36:54 pm »
If another Ice Age happened, I doubt human kind would be demolished. There were plenty of early people in the past Ice Age, so I think at least some of us would adapt.

Offline XxKalixX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • The Monkeys Are Coming!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 03:01:43 pm »
Lol, funny fact: The most part of people who say the world will end in 2012, can't even tell me what the weather will be like next weekend XD
And besides, the Egyptian pyramids predicted the first world war and some other cool stuff, but THEY said the world will end in something like the 2500's. That seems alot more likely if I had to choose which I believe.
But yeah... a zombie apocalypse would be awesome. I already have a make-shift weapon by my bed; a piece of wood. It used to be part of a bed. And I have food rations in my handbag. And I've even decided on a shelter. Oh yeah. Paranoid, much?? XD
I haz interwebz and laptop! Feel free to have another Nyan-Cat! :3

Offline angelpuff1221

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »
Well I'm a Christian so personally I believe that the world could end in 2012, tomorrow, or a second after I post this....but if it happens that something major will happen like flesh eating zombies...good luck :D

Offline Kezra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kezra.co.nr
    • View Profile
    • Kezra's Domain
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 02:23:30 am »
My life just turned around and got permanently awesome. By 2012, boyfriend and I would just be getting settled in Seattle with our new jobs. He'd probably have landed that job at Valve. We'd have gotten the new puppy we've been wanting. And then BAM. That would literally be the worst. ever. timing. So it had better not. x)

The world could get smacked into tomorrow by a giant rock and that could be the end. Or maybe 27312897 years from now. My belief for just about every topic is "Ultimately, no one knows." So we're all just living day to day. :3
I like songs about drifters. Books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.

Offline Pepperpuppy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • TROLOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 02:13:28 pm »
I might sound very stupid etc. but I really fear alot this 2012 thing.
I cry like every day because I just fear that the world ends, actually im crying atm too.
Duh, I sound so crazy >_> but yeh..
And it feels like that no one cant help me. ;n;
This is just a horrible feeling, and I can't get this "worlds gonna end soon" thing out of my head.