Author Topic: Heard a rumor  (Read 1043 times)

Offline sherrehcat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Heard a rumor
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:13:08 am »
Someone told me that if I don't post or be active on the forum, my account will be deleted. Not sure how not being active on the site qualifies as being inactive in game. Weird.

But hello everyone!

Offline sherrehcat1

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Heard a rumor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:20:52 am »
Heard this too. Don't want my account deleted.

Offline ^BlackPaperMoon^

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:23:54 am »
Oh, I don't want to get my account deleted.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 03:33:30 am »
Hello Sherry, Summer and Sheri! I highly doubt that if you do not post on the forum your account will be deleted. Many people do not log onto the forum; if the server deleted those peoples' accounts, there would be many frustrated users!
The server does however clean out accounts that have been inactive in-game for excessive amounts of time, but we're talking years there. Your accounts should be fine as long as you log in every year or so. I'd highly recommend taking a look at this quote from WhiteLightHeart:
The server actually does have a routine account cleanup which it uses to clear out any old data (including groups) from inactive accounts after a certain amount of time of inactivity. The accounts remain in the system so long as they were properly activated, but the data in them is cleaned out to help the server process more relevant data for those who are actually playing the game.

So, I believe after about 18 months of inactivity on an account (I'm pretty sure, but either way it means you'd have to be VERY inactive, practically guaranteed to not come back), it will be automatically reset, like you can do at the bottom of the User Panel on the forum. This means groups will be cleaned out, and thus opening up more group names.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to PM a staff member for account or server-related questions. [link]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:43:05 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:58:36 pm »
Pretty much all that you need to know has been summed up in the post above.

Will be locking this thread as it isn't relevant to the the introduction board.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:01:40 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone