Author Topic: Forest Map?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
Forest Map?
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:12:43 pm »
Could I have a forest map? I'd like a few ponds, about five dens, an abandoned cabin to go inside with furniture, and a few deer.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Forest Map?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 03:46:24 am »
Still need one? I'll make it for you, if so.
Though a few more details would be great xD If you inspire me, I'll get it done a lot faster!
Such as;
What would you like in the dens? Moss, for the creatures to lay on? If so, how many per den?
Would you like any other animals? Fish in these ponds?
How far apart should these dens be? And how big?
Should certain parts be thickly forested (Lots of trees, bushes, rocks.) or should it be the whole map?
Should a certain den/dens be by/closer to water?
Would you like me to use a lot of different meshes? Or use less? (Less makes the download easier! But also less detailed.)
How much vegetation (Plants) would you like? Lots and lots, or just a few scattered?
Should there be a place to gather? (I can make a seperate, small map for it if you'd prefer)
Any special landmarks? (Dry river bed, dead tree area, fallen log, marsh, etc.)
How would you like the Terrain? Just a plain forest, with a few small hills, or some mountainous ones?
What kind of trees would you like? Pine? Oak? Oak makes more of a canopy, and less can be used since they take up more space. But I do have quite the assortment of pines as well ^^;
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:59:05 am by Sashastriker »

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:35:46 pm »
Wow.... I'd really like lots and lots of moss, and maybe have it with a Japanese like effect. I'd like a small pond with oak trees around it with koi fish, if that's possible. If you could make a dead tree area, that's a little misty, and spooky. A seperate, connecting map for a gathering place would be good. The gathering place should be very magical, with fire pillars and maybe a pond with a Flourite crystal in the middle. I'd like this map to be very lush and green, with lots of moss, plants and vines. And, there should be a sort of enclosed section, with walls all around, that is very forest-y. This is the area where the dens will be. Five at the most. The dens should be very spaced out and spacious. If this is too much, make it more simple. Just do this map at your leisure. Thanks! (I'd love you to make this map!)

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:19 am »
Of course! Would you like moss lining the dens, just in big piles, or seperate nests? And Japanese effect, what do you mean? I've got.. uh.. Cherry Blossom tress? And falling leaf particles? xD And for the dead tree area, I'm thinking maybe it's sloping downwards towards it? Kinda off in a corner/edge, then slowly going from oak trees to dead ones until you hit the dead center with.. scruffy shrubs, a few scattered dead trees and.. and.. anything else? o: Where would you like the portal for the gathering place? In a corner, on an edge, on a platform somewhere in the map? I'm thinking fireflies there, maybe willow trees? possibly some water surrounding the map? And a large stone in the middle, then I'll work on creating a pillar with what I've got and add my fire particle cx' By walls, do you mean a wall of trees? Would you like certain dens certain places? Such as one near water, one on a hill, one.. near thje dead tree place and such?

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »
Do it the way you'd like to. I'd really like it if you could do cherry blossom trees. Falling petals would be nice, too, but if it's to much, just do the trees. Moss in the dens, I command you! And have one run down one in the dead tree area. JUst dead, tall tree, starting with healthy oaks and then sloping down to dead, burnt trees with no leaves. I'd like it to be a quite large island, please. Again, if it's to much, just do something simple. :3 Thanks, Sasha!

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:38 am »
Sorry for the late reply! I was busy the past two days, but I'm now working on  that map c: I'll definitely have the height mask done by tonight, and most likely adding some trees and such to the map. By the way, this dead forest area, how big should it be?

Edit:

I've been working for a few hours now, and I've made great progress! I outta be done in.. 2-3 days after tomorrow (Going to be gone tomorrow.) But I've got dens placed, and I'm adding trees and foliage now ^^
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:46:41 am by Sashastriker »

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 08:07:15 pm »
Just a small corner, taking up about one corner of the map.