Author Topic: Downloading For Mac  (Read 1371 times)

Offline guacamole

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I like chickens and walls.
    • View Profile
Downloading For Mac
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:39:31 pm »
Hey! I'm confused... When I try to download the updated version it wont open the exe file or the zip.. I'm using Archive Utility and I'm on a Mac... (Halp..!) Also, there's no download for the Mac.. DX
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:52:36 pm by Echo,., »
CSGO Global rank player B)

Offline PreSist

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Downloading For Mac
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 03:53:56 pm »
Hey! I'm confused... When I try to download the updated version it wont open the exe file or the zip.. I'm using Archive Utility and I'm on a Mac... (Halp..!)
I'm having the same problem... Would really appreciate any suggestions I have yet to try out. I've attempted downloading applications suggested by staff as the temporary tunnel way for Mac users to use to get in-game, but I'm just not sure how to download it. Before, I think it was just a simple download. In some IT servers, I use wine to access the '.exe' files a majority of the time, but instead, I'm getting errors along with resulting files that are still incompatible even through process by the winebottlers/win applications.

Offline guacamole

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I like chickens and walls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:03:01 pm »
Hey! I'm confused... When I try to download the updated version it wont open the exe file or the zip.. I'm using Archive Utility and I'm on a Mac... (Halp..!)
I'm having the same problem... Would really appreciate any suggestions I have yet to try out. I've attempted downloading applications suggested by staff as the temporary tunnel way for Mac users to use to get in-game, but I'm just not sure how to download it. Before, I think it was just a simple download. In some IT servers, I use wine to access the '.exe' files a majority of the time, but instead, I'm getting errors along with resulting files that are still incompatible even through process by the winebottlers/win applications.
Mhm... This is just awful for us Mac peeps.. DX
CSGO Global rank player B)

Offline PreSist

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 04:20:49 pm »
Mhm... This is just awful for us Mac peeps.. DX
It is, but then again, this is a Windows platform and Macs have the capability of imitating a Windows environment through BootCamp(which is like $200). Gonna try to just wait for someone/something to pop-up on here with the solution to all our Mac downloading issues. ^^' Hopefully that won't be too long. Anyhoot. *continuesAttemptingDownloadanyway

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 04:30:11 pm »
Please take a look here regarding Mac use with the new patch.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline PreSist

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »
Please take a look here regarding Mac use with the new patch.
Thanks for the suggestions, and I've tried this once(I'll try it once more again in case). I also found on the last page, a tutorial worth checking out. http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=56011.0

Also, I wanted to confirm whether a more stable download would come. Is it coming within the next week? I can wait up to a month if need be without knowing, but it'd be nice to have a general idea of when a more stable download is coming around. Sorry since this question is irrelevant and probably time consuming to answer and explain, but I'd really appreciate it.