Author Topic: Bigger Server Slots? :D  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger Server Slots? :D
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 05:52:38 pm »
I'm liking that you can get into Flourite easily, but the lag is a bit of a problem :/ And I'm with the rest of you in hoping that the server will be able to handle the extra amount of people. I wonder if it's possible to create an 'overflow' Flourite map? So when Flourite is full your character is moved to the overflow (clone of the map) until a space opens up for them >.> It'd be tricky but pretty cool if it could work!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 06:00:04 pm »
Yes I do enjoy finally getting in the plains on first try, but I hate saying "Huh..can you repeat that?" in local just cause it goes slow....and then suddenly seriously fast. Also I think its harder on admins and mods to see if people are cursing or acting bad when its going to fast for them to see. As fun as this bigger slots are, im not to happy by it just cause of chat lag :P
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 06:24:06 pm »

Yes more slots means it easyer for ppl to get in, but harder for mods to track bad acts.
Maybe they are going out on a wing and trusting us to behave?

Offline brats

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • take your meds.
    • rnacaroon
    • hospitels
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »
I agree with Tokoa; I found even using my friend's-- rather high end (10 gigs of ram compared to my pathetic 4. ;-;) gaming computer, the game still lags but it's better to have the occasional chatlag instead of  fighting a ton of bad tokens when you attempt to get on Flourite.   *Edit.* Gosh, I hope the mods find an easier way to track those DDers. DX
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:49:54 pm by XxHipsterSkittlexX »
in game: coughsyrup / traumatic / agoraphobia

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 03:32:50 am »
I really don't think this effects the mods keeping track of people in FH. I was over-joyed to see the slots raise to 300. It has been so long and now they finally raised it again! As stated above they will sadly probably change it back though. I choose lag over fighting though because the lag isn't even that terrible in my opinion.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 03:47:27 am »
I've already noticed the same old glitches happening back before they changed it the last itme. Crashing from lag sometimes. Logging back in in random areas of the map uber far from where you were. Loading as someone else's character when you log back in, etc.

The lag is tolerable for me though. I don't think it should be a drastic increase though if it's made official. It's read of 200 maybe 250. Less lag and things for the server to handle, but more slots.

Offline Crowfather

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Derp."
    • View Profile
    • Galdu Arima
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 04:41:20 am »
Like probably everyone else has said on this thread, there has been a few lags and bugs already arising with the expansion of individuals to enter each map.
One of them being the chat lag.
Another being at times the sever will tell me if a friend of mine is offline, or even it'll say I'm offline, when they really are not. Thus, makes me unable to whisper them or anyone else until I log off and re-log in again. This has happened to me multiple times. Especially during the dusk hours of Eastern/Central time when more floofs get home from school or work to hop online.
The third being when I try to exit a map and get into a new one, I'll either respawn completely underneath the map I tried to get out of or across the same map in some random location. Very confusing when that happens.

I think I named them all. c: But the plus is not having to punt floofs aside to get into Flourite.
Shove em' in a sack and throw em' over
Feed em' to the hungry rats for dinner

Shoot em' through the heart with a loaded pistol
Slice their throats with a rusty cleaver

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 02:16:20 am »
ok, now that i have had a chance to play the game with the bigger slots im at torn ends, i love being able to get in faster, but my game lags so bad i cant even play ;_;